Original Post

Accepted Solution

[ARCHIVED] Empty lots not filling

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Most recent
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons vampire laundry day dine out get to work holiday pack camping pack (can’t remember name)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Sims aren’t moving into empty lots, custom and original in the entire game, they all grew old and died and non of the houses were re occupied and I have all the options turned on
What happens when the bug occurs? People die and their houses remain empty
What do you expect to see? Houses being automatically filled of empty not having to force move people into them too keep the game populated I even have max sims on 200 too see if that helped but it didn’t
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Considering a forum says it has been fixed and I have also done a repair on the game and checked for up dates and wouldn’t have expected it to happen but has, should I save the households and load them into a new game as I only have two active households of currently two people each that are switched between and I have a total of over 250 hours playing this game and this has happened should I reinstall and entirely restart because I don’t want to loose my characters skills job levels and amazing houses I’ve built 

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 4 of 43 (8,174 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Empty lots not filling

Hero

We have tidied up the Game Options menu a little by removing the Fill In Empty Lots option. This particular option has been superseded with Neighborhood Stories and the "Move In" functionality.

The functionality of this has been changed. I'm going to archive this thread because of it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 43 of 43 (2,523 Views)

All Replies

Re: [FIXED] Empty lots wont fill

★★★ Novice

This bug is still happening it hasn’t been fixed 

Message 1 of 43 (8,198 Views)

★★ Guide

It's not fixed for me either. I'm on 4th generation and living in empty worlds. The only house that has anyone living in it, is the legacy house that my sim moved out of. 

Message 2 of 43 (8,181 Views)

Hero
@Peapod79 @TheResurrector01

Could you both test a fresh save to see if it works there.

Also to be sure, you're both on PC/Mac, right ? This hasn't been fixed for console.

Which hood are you living in ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 43 (8,171 Views)

★★ Guide
@crinrict So I should start a fresh save and kill sims and see if they move in? OK! Standard smile I'll try it. Oh, and I am on PC.
Message 5 of 43 (8,153 Views)

★ Guide
@TheResurrector01 so I'm not the only one experience this issue. I have "fill empty house" turned on all the time, but just now I go to Willow Creek and Oasis Spring, only 1-2 houses in these worlds is filled!
This is not solved yet.
Message 6 of 43 (8,147 Views)

Re: Empty lots not filling

Champion
@TheResurrector01 If you're sure you're on the latest patch where it says it is fixed, all you can do is play for a while and see if sims move in.

When it works, it's not an instantaneous process. Houses only get filled I think one per week, and only in the currently active neighbourhood you're actually actively playing in.

If you never play in any of the other empty neighbourhoods, they won't fill, because you have to actually be there to witness it happen.
Message 7 of 43 (8,119 Views)

Hero
@Peapod79 Just for testing to see if it works on a new save. Don't delete the old.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 43 (8,117 Views)

★★ Guide
@crinrict Oh I keep about everything I start, I have some very early saves because nostalgia. It will be interesting to see if the save start date affects it.
Message 9 of 43 (8,115 Views)

★★ Guide
@crinrict Fresh save works. Sims do move in. I'm glad it works, but it does kind of suck for me as well. I have a world I've rebuilt that took me literally days. I edited almost all lots, added lots and created and added sims and this is generally where I tend to start all my games from. Since the original is from before the patch, I'll have to rebuild or just suffer moving in later generations on my own. *sighs* But! It is good it's fixed, for new players and if I do ever get the energy to rebuild my rebuild. I know it's just save all my lots and sims to gallery then replant in a fresh save, but even that takes time I'm sure most can appreciate.
Message 10 of 43 (8,059 Views)