Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Empty lots not filling

by Sozki

Original Post

Re: No NPCs Spawning

★ Novice
@crinrict Hi my game is like a ghost town. None of the lots are being filled despite the toggle being on.
Message 31 of 43 (1,801 Views)

Re: No NPCs Spawning

Hero
@Christie-Anne1 Moving your post over to the thread on that.

QA is looking for saves so please send yours.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 32 of 43 (1,779 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Having the same problem. House refilling stopped working recently (I think during my last generation of sims).

I think my problem relates to the problem with game not recognizing houses being furnished. I tried moving some families into the town but every house says that there is no "Buy furnished" option. I have to go and add something to the lot for it to be recognized as furnished house again. Haven't yet tried if this makes NPC sims to be able to move in again. Lots also show their prizes way lower than they should be which might be also because of the game somehow thinking that they are empty houses.

Here's my save file:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1gZ1cYMY2wgp-MIO-n9dPOrMeSE8VJbdN

I added a picture where it shows that the furnished house option is grayed out (the text saying "This cannot be chosen on this lot") even if the household has sufficient funds and it's original Maxis house that hasn't been modified.

Edit:
Playing on PC, version 1.62.67.1020

Currently living in Willow Creek, playing 5th gen of sims (6th born already)

Message 33 of 43 (1,659 Views)

★ Guide

Yep, nope. It didn't work. I added something to every house there is in every neighbourhood and still there are no new sims moving in. Now the houses are recognized as furnished but still no new sims moving in.

Message 34 of 43 (1,574 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Has this been resolved yet? Dec 2020 and still having this issue.

Message 35 of 43 (1,332 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

My thoughts exactly! I was trying to figure out why my worlds are empty. Went on to google and found this thread. This is embarrassing...why is this not fixed? I see now why so many simmers complain about this game. 

Message 36 of 43 (1,318 Views)

★ Guide

2021 and I am still having this issue, in all my saves old or new. I have been playing in my current save for over a Sim year and not a single house was filled in.

Message 37 of 43 (1,261 Views)

★ Novice

Later in 2021 and it's still broken, the entire world, not just the area I mainly play on is dead. How many mods do I have to install to make this game normal and properly balanced?

Message 38 of 43 (1,126 Views)

Fill Empty Homes not working

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work, Outdoor Retreat, City Living, Get Together, Island Living, Cats and Dogs, Seasons, Spa Day, Dine Out, Jungle Adventure, Strangerville, Tiny Living, Bowling, Toodler.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to Game Options, Game Play, Fill Empty Homes.
What happens when the bug occurs? Empty Houses remain with no Sims and no furnitre.
What do you expect to see? Empty Houses remain with furniture and new sims in house
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

When Sims not in my houshold die, the house will remain empty from furniture and no sims.

Message 39 of 43 (1,006 Views)

Re: Fill Empty Homes not working

Hero
@Seat401 Merged your post with existing thread.

Furniture does not auto-fill though. If the houses are empty, you'll need to furnish them

For the problem with empty houses after a Sims die, please use this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-Can-t-move-into-furnished-homes-as-value-is-0/td-p/5743...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 40 of 43 (979 Views)