[FIXED] Eating fruitcake reaction gets stuck for all foods

by simvasion

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Eating fruitcake reaction gets stuck for all foods

EA Staff

Hello everyone!

Sadly, we are still unable to reproduce this issue, even with the saves you guys provided. 

Is anyone experiecing this on a new, mod free save?

If so, would you be willing to share it with us?. This one is kind of avoiding us Frown

Thank you everyone for your reports! 

Message 21 of 47 (2,573 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I have a fix, remove fruit cake from the game until it's a working functional item in the game.. with how long this bug has been around I'm surprised no one in EA could figure out a fix for it. lol I just went with the cheating option as the "Have your sim eat another gourmet fruit cake" did nothing for me. Cheating works 10/10 times. Fixes 1/10 times.
Message 22 of 47 (2,518 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Staff

Hi @Retrec

I understand that it is really frustrating when an issue that annoys you does not get fixed. I'm also a gamer myself, and I had that feeling a lot of times, with many different games.

Having said that, our only intent is to be able to reproduce this issue so we can, at some point, try to fix it. As you probably understand, not 100% of the users are encountering this problem. Issues are often caused by very specific configurations of gameplay and/or hardware. So after putting a good amount of hours into one issue, if we are not able to reproduce it, we keep trying to get more info from you. 

A month ago, I asked you guys a couple questions. So, if this issue is important to you, helping us find it would be very appreciated. I will repeat my previous questions:

Are you experiencing this on a new, mod free save?

If so, would you be willing to share that save with us? Here, you can find how to: 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

Thanks for your report. And happy simming! 

Message 23 of 47 (2,495 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

It could be an issue that manifests depending on the style of gameplay chosen by the player - in this case rotational play? Like they eat the fruitcake, get the commodity/buff countdown for liking or disliking fruitcake on them that lets them discuss it with other sims, but then while you switch to playing with another family it expires and doesn't get removed properly from the not-currently-active house you previously played last session.

I have the same issue with the childhood phases getting stuck. I don't quite know how the game mechanics work, but from what I observed, the phase timer for expiry and auto removal of the phase was ending while I was playing another family in rotation and when I came back they were permanently stuck with the phase trait still in their simology panel. But when I stuck with the same household for the entire duration of a phase from start to finish, this didn't happen.

Just suggesting you try that scenario, as I have a linked save in the previous posts, but you said you still couldn't reproduce it even with the saves people provided. Is simulating the rotation play style part of the QA investigation/tests?

Message 24 of 47 (2,476 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, I'm new to the Sims 4 (I've had it for about 3 weeks) and had this show up (disgusted reaction animation to all food even when he gets positive moodlets for eating excellent food) for one of my Sims after he ate a fruitcake that one of the others had cooked. At the time I had base game only, and I've added a few packs since, but no mods. I will send you the save file via private message and I hope this helps you pinpoint the issue!

Message 25 of 47 (2,414 Views)

Acting Disgusted When Eating EVERYTHING

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.94.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City Living, Parenthood, Get to Work, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, Get Together, Toddler Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Backyard Stuff, Holiday Celebration
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Get a Sim to eat anything
What happens when the bug occurs? My male Sim (and only the male Sim, the female Sim is fine) ALWAYS acts disgusted when he's eating. He's not a vegetarian, and he's not a vampire, I uninstalled the pack before it started happening. After he eats the food, he gets happy moodlets saying the meal was great, but when he's actually eating the meal, he acts disgusted, no matter the quality. Like I said, it's ONLY this one Sim, all other Sims in the household are acting normal.
What do you expect to see? Sims should act normally when eating a normal or excellent meal.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 26 of 47 (2,439 Views)

Re: Acting Disgusted When Eating EVERYTHING

Hero

HI @ezorne 

did you download him from the gallery or create yourself ? Did he ever eat a welcome wagon fruitcake ? Is it possible that he used to be a Vampire and is not anymore ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 27 of 47 (2,426 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

The same thing is happening to me with my only sim in the house hold. I just made her this morning. Brand new save no mods or cc but what ever she eats she gets disgusted by it. She did eat a piece of the welcome wagon fruit cake and she did not like it. 

Message 28 of 47 (2,384 Views)

Hero

Hi @Tiger_Lover_78 

moved your post over to the fruitcake thread.

Would you be willing to share your save with QA as asked above ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 29 of 47 (2,379 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

The same thing is happening to me with my only sim in the house hold. I just made her this morning. Brand new save no mods or cc but what ever she eats she gets disgusted by it. She did eat a piece of the welcome wagon fruit cake and she did not like it. I have all expansion packs as well. 

Message 30 of 47 (2,401 Views)