Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Eating fruitcake reaction gets stuck for all foods

[ Edited ]
Champion

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, Get To Work, Get Together, City Living, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Parenthood, Dine Out, Fitness Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Luxury Party Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have sims taste gourmet fruitcake for the first time, either cooked by themselves or from a welcome wagon event.
What happens when the bug occurs? The reactions they make while eating fruitcake get permanently stuck active, so that when the sim is eating any other food they still react with animations like they are eating fruitcake. This can be either permanent disgust or permanent delight.
What do you expect to see? After eating fruitcake, their reaction for eating other foods should be normal.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

This is a previously reported bug, but the old thread didn't have the bug template. The old thread only addressed the "grossed out" reaction being stuck after eating fruitcake, but I currently also have a sim who is stuck thinking every food is tasty even if it is poorly cooked (because it turned out he loved fruitcake - he does not have the glutton trait either).

The workaround noted from the old thread was to have your sims eat fruitcake again to return their eating animations back to normal.

Message 1 of 47 (7,480 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Eating fruitcake reaction gets stuck for all foods

Hero

Sims that dislike Fruitcake no longer react negatively to all other food. On the other Sims that like Fruitcake no longer will react positively to Poor Quality foods.
- You can say the Fruitcake was the culprit, jury is still out on that one.
- - Objection! Maybe not…

Fixed in Patch 1.58.63

Again ...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 47 of 47 (6,498 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Added 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 47 (7,337 Views)

EA Staff

Hi again @simvasion

I´ve already contacted you here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-GTW-quot-Known-Alien-quot-applied-to-human-sims-during/m-...

Yet again, save files would help us a lot trying to reproduce your issue. 

I will post the link again, just in case. 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

You only need to upload it once if you are experiencing both issues on the same save files Standard smile

Thank you!

Message 3 of 47 (7,330 Views)
Highlighted

Champion

I've uploaded my save to the Box widget. It covers both bugs, as I only play one saved game for everything.

Message 4 of 47 (7,319 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Thank you so much @simvasion, it's super appreciated! Unfortunately some of your message got cut off when you uploaded the 2nd save. "[Bug 2] In Willow Creek in t" is as far as I see. Could you tell me the name of the household for the Known Alien issue? Thanks so much again for all the help!

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 5 of 47 (7,313 Views)

Champion

@SimGuruNick wrote:

Thank you so much @simvasion, it's super appreciated! Unfortunately some of your message got cut off when you uploaded the 2nd save. "[Bug 2] In Willow Creek in t" is as far as I see. Could you tell me the name of the household for the Known Alien issue? Thanks so much again for all the help!

Sure, the other bug you can see if you load the "Hsieh" household in Willow Creek - there's a sim there called Whitney who, when you look at her relationship panel, she thinks her husband is a known alien, when he's 100% human.

Message 6 of 47 (7,307 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

This is a very old bug. One of the reason I instantly quit welcome wagon event and clean up the cake. And also removed fuitcake/gourment fruitcake from all restaurants.

Message 7 of 47 (7,292 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I have had one Sim that thinks everything he eats is disgusting, and I do specifically remember that he hated the welcome wagon fruitcake that his son apparently had in his inventory. Is there a way to fix him? I mean he's old and is dying soon anyway but still.

Message 8 of 47 (7,253 Views)

Hero

Just make another gourmet fruit cake and have him eat it. That will make it go away.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 47 (7,239 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I still had this bug on one of my older sims. Eating the fruitcake again did not solve it.

This solved it however:

Open console menu and enter the following:

testingcheats on to enable cheats

if your sim are reacting with delight to all foods enter: traits.remove_trait trait_Hidden_Likes_Fruitcake

if your sim are reacting with disgust to all foods enter: traits.remove_trait trait_Hidden_Hates_Fruitcake

Message 10 of 47 (6,990 Views)