[FIXED] [ECO] Toddler Bed: Can’t read toddler to sleep!

by suppitschele

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ECO] Toddler Bed: Can’t read toddler to sleep!

★ Guide

I found I had to pull the bed away from the wall, AND have a chair nearby.  Then it finally worked.  Good thing I don't have twins, so I do have the space to do that!

Message 11 of 26 (668 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [ECO] Toddler Bed: Can’t read toddler to sleep!

Community Manager (retired)

Could someone experiencing this issue possibly share your save file with me, to help us investigate? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks for the help!

Instructions for sending me your save:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 12 of 26 (631 Views)

Put toddler to bed.

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.70.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have adult/young adult put toddler to bed.
What happens when the bug occurs? I try to put toddler to bed, sim will make can't get there animation and remove task instantly, toddler can put themself to bed though.
What do you expect to see? To see my sim put there toddler in the bed.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Happend after patch 7/23/2020 - 1.65.70.1020.

I dindn't have any sreenshots

Message 13 of 26 (799 Views)

Re: Put toddler to bed.

Hero (Retired)
@NichoDB Is the toddler bed against the wall?
Message 14 of 26 (780 Views)

Hero
@NichoDB Which toddler bed are you using ? The one from Eco ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 26 (754 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Toddler beds are very, very glitchy. If it's by a wall, it can cause issues, but not consistently. The best setup is having no walls, doorway-squares (the square a doorway will open into), or anything else within one square of the bed on any sides (including the head and foot areas of the bed). If the toddler bed is beside a wall, you pretty much have to have the adult sim pick up the toddler and walk very close to the side of the bed before selection options like "read to sleep."

I'm currently using a really bizarre tiny-home lot for a family that had 5 toddlers during my last play session, and as you can imagine, I did not have the space to set up 5 toddler beds indoors with open space all around them. I put the beds along walls, and in order to get the adult and the toddler to successfully do the "read to sleep" option, I used the "pick up toddler and carry them to the bed myself" strategy, but in this case just being beside the bed usually wasn't enough, I had to have them stand near the head of the bed as opposed to the middle of it. This worked most of the time, even though in this particular house there is a pathway beside the toddler beds that is only one square wide.

Edit: Oh, and I've discovered the hard way not to have chairs or couches near a toddler bed, as the "read to bed" option will make the adult sit in one of those other spots with the book in hand while the toddler goes to their bed as per usual, and then the whole thing fails miserably.

Message 16 of 26 (746 Views)

Hero
@NichoDB Tagging to see questions

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 17 of 26 (697 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

It was at the beginning then i moves it to the centre of the room and the bug still happend 

Tried all of the beds because it was the eco bed I had in the beginning 

(CM: Posts in a row merged together. Please use the 'edit' option to help add more to a message)

Message 18 of 26 (689 Views)

Hero
@NichoDB For Eco bed it's a known issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-ECO-Toddler-Bed-Can-t-read-toddler-to-sleep/td-p/9...

QA is looking for saves, so if you could send yours that'd be great.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 26 (666 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [ECO] Toddler Bed: Can’t read toddler to sleep!

Hero
Is this still happening after yesterday's patch ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 20 of 26 (542 Views)