by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] [ECO] Stacking Lighting/Aurora

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.77.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, all game packs, Nifty Knitting, Tiny Living, Laundry Day, Mos chino
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Eco-Footprint Green in multiple neighborhoods. 2. Play your last played household or one in Evergreen Harbor
What happens when the bug occurs? It seems as if the sun rays and aurora from Green Eco-Footprints amplify if multiple neighborhoods are green causing a major lighting blowout.
What do you expect to see? Just one layer of light rays or aurora.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Here is an image of what happens with the aurora and sun rays.

Sun Rays

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 35 (8,842 Views)

Sun rays from green eco footprint far too bright

★★ Apprentice

Since the last patch the sun rays you get for having a house with a green eco footprint have become overpoweringly bright. It's ok when the camera is zoomed in close on the lot, but when you start to zoom out it gets so bright that you can't see anything through the glow.

I've attached a couple of pictures of my lot in Sulani where you can just how bright it is. Can they please be tweaked back down? 

Message 2 of 35 (8,810 Views)

Re: The Sims 4 - Eco-Footprint Green Error with Sun Rays and Aurora

★★ Apprentice
@DawnBatKMT I'm having this issue too, just posted about it in the pc tech issues forum as I didn't see this topic before I posted.
Message 3 of 35 (8,791 Views)

Re: Sun rays from green eco footprint far too bright

Champion (Retired)

@Helithe 

Turn down the brightness on your screen.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 35 (8,784 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@DawnBatKMT @Helithe

Would either of you mind sending me your save ? Instructions in my siggy.

Also merged post from tech

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 35 (8,779 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I'm bumping into the same issue here D: I was trying to draw my sims homes, but this is totally blocking me from doing so!

It feels like to me these overlapping light rays and aurora can cause performance drops, too, especially the light rays and when I zoomed out.

Screenshot.png

Message 6 of 35 (8,703 Views)

Hero
@LibertyTheFree Could you send me your save (aka I'm too lazy to get my game to that state) :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 35 (8,690 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict Well unfortunately I dropped out of using cloud storage lately for safety reasons Zipped lips Though I'll still be happy to send them through other means.

Though. Like @DawnBatKMT said, these sky-blotting, blinding light rays seem to only occur(in place of the normal ones) when multiple neighborhoods have the Green Eco Footprint.

Since the game somehow reset those Footprints to Neutral after our sims visits there after a few days of staying out of these neighborhoods, we tried paying a visit to every "Green" neighborhood, and got back home. The lightshow did return to normal, the single-layered one,

So yes, I guess it really has to do with the game looming some light rays over our sims head, because somewhere else had gone green Confused

ps. there's this cheat, I read, Eco_Footprint.Set_Eco_Footprint_State 1  or so will set the current neighborhood's Eco Footprint to Neutral.

Message 8 of 35 (8,654 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@LibertyTheFree You can upload them here if you create a rar file and they're < 20 MB (that'd be quite public though).

I'll just put it on the list though as there's already 4 me toos. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 35 (8,636 Views)

Too bright to see any thing; Summer (Sunny(Windy hot)) + sun ray

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.66
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? To trigger this, your Brindleton bay's eco footprint should be green, and the season is summer, and the weather is not raining. 1. In Brindleton bay, select "cat paw reader's house" lot. Select play. 2. Build a 4 story tall house. 3. In live mode, scroll down to see the house from the top.
What happens when the bug occurs? Too bright to see anything. 14:00 (2 PM) sim time
What do you expect to see? sun ray is overkill
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 10 of 35 (8,533 Views)