Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [ECO] Stacking Lighting/Aurora

by Francoisf30

Original Post

Re: [EcoLifeStyle] Polar Light Overly Exposed, Cause Serious Frame Lagging

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I have the exact same glitch. I had it first in Glimmerbrook and I thought it was the map, but I moved with the household to Windenburg and it happened there again. Also all roomates are molding clay every day and making de-stressing decotions, like 30 in a row, one is playing lovesongs on her guitar everytime a neighbour visits and then she is sad and cries. My lot is very eco-friendly. Idk if its because of that but suddenly I couldn't have any access to the lot anymore. But to others I have access. I could enter in build mode but not in gameplay mode anymore.
All my screenshots  look the same lik they are already in these comments.

Message 21 of 37 (1,374 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

It's not just lots becoming this way over time, they're saving to the gallery with the bug if the lot got played into green mode: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/DBA8567C814C11EB8A48C3C6F37CF8C6

Edit: @crinrict Thank you so much for the mod information, I was able to use it to save the lot properly by reloading the save containing the lot, using the cheat while on the lot, and exporting the lot again. I'll keep the bugged version on the gallery as it may be useful in that state to devs and whatnot.

Message 22 of 37 (1,310 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm having this same issue. Any fixes yet? It gets incredibly annoying sometimes .. This is the first post i've seen about it.

Message 23 of 37 (1,098 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I started a new save recently (which didn't last) and started moving my old lots to the new save using the gallery. It happened to me that the crazy light rays showed up almost right after I returned to live mode after placing the old lot in build mode. I was less than an hour into the new save, and the neighborhood never changed its eco-footprint out of neutral.

Like @thecakefiend suggested, it's the lots themselves needed to be fixed somehow... It'd be nice if our devs can figure out how to cull the lights from the lots, I'm not wanting to fiddle with mods yet. Confused

Message 24 of 37 (1,031 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have same issue too. I though that this is related to Windenburgh. Good to know thats a common isue with eco live

Message 25 of 37 (996 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

This site is usually the only one showing up on google for answers.
Unfortunately, the answers (to the edited, well catalogued, correctly titled) questions are far and few.

I read the post in this thread about "Turn down your monitor brightness" and figured that that was 

as much help as I'd get. 

Months went by. Rays are still blinding, but I was resolved to ignore them, until today,

When they consistently crashed the game a few minutes after appearing.

There is a mod on "Mod the Sims" that disables them, without messing with the eco-footprint.

Happy day (I guess).
Can I totally guess (tons) that the crashes have something to do with the latest update?

Maybe not, but it's all I've got.

PS turning the eco-whatever to "Neutral" destroyed the crop of money-trees and growfruits instantly. (The $2M-per-day crop)

So that pat-answer goes out the window.

Message 26 of 37 (925 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I encountered the same problem, I didn't have it right away, but it appeared after a while in my save. When I zoomed out in green neighborhoods (see attachment), the light became really blinding and annoying. Usually the little glitches I ignore, but this one is pretty serious, as it could become a problem for photosensitive people.

Message 27 of 37 (839 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I dont think I have the exact same problem, but an OPTION would be very appreciated to choose from wich ecofootprint effect we want displayed, because even when normal sunrays/aurora, if you play in a house with multiples levels, then the rays anyway gets in your way, same for the aurora, as soon as you zoom out to observe or admire the landscape, such in Brindleton Bay in Fall time, you only see the rays and aurora. EA if you ever fix this issue, please, please add an option to disable independently each effect, because the moodlets and overall gameplay is great with the ecofoot print but the effect can such as the sunrays and aurora can be too much in your way. I ended up making lots with bonfire to conter the effect and put my neighborhood back to normal, so I can see and take pictures without those very ''in your face'' effect. I already have the NAP off, because of the SHaring is Caring destroying our stores and community lot, making them not valide because main items are missing the lot type, can we at least enjoy the Eco Footprint, but with more options, like unabled/disabled certain effects. I would only disable the sunrays and aurora in my game if you gave us the option, because the smug is great.

I would have though that to see the aurora, you would have had to press on tab in live mode, so you can observe the sky with auroras, but nope, its in your way getting in your house, if you have multiple levels 😑

Message 28 of 37 (813 Views)

Champion

Any news on this issue? People shouldn't have to use mods to be able to play without stacking auroras.

Message 29 of 37 (526 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@Gagea25 Still have the issue and no mods now work for it because of the newest update... Starting to bum out
Message 30 of 37 (474 Views)