[NEEDS SAVES] [ECO] Sound for broken fabrication machine doesn't stop

by Lavendela91

Original Post

Buzzing noise coming from fabricator, constantly.

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them, besides Jungle Adventure, toddler stuff and fitness stuff pack.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place Fabricator down, use it multiple times, it should be heard in live mode coming from the fabricator.
What happens when the bug occurs? Once the sim has used the fabricator a few times, the noise of the fabricator continues where the fabricator is, even once the object is removed, or placed elsewhere the machine, buzzing noise continues in the place it was and where it has been moved to. If I move the fabricator somewhere else and my sim uses it the same noise appears afterwards in the new place of the fabricator. It won't stop making the horrible noise.
What do you expect to see? Once my sim has finished using the fabricator there should be no constant noise afterwards.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. New expansion pack Eco Lifestyle. It's only happened with the fabricator so far.

Basically, I've installed the new expansion pack Eco Lifestyle and used the fabricator to make new objects and after using it maybe 10-20 times, a noise had appeared right where the fabricator is, the noise is a constant buzzing sound, like the fabricator is being used even when it isn't. The noise only happens when in live mode.

I moved the fabricator to the other side of my sim's house and the noise is stuck where the fabricator used to be. I then used the fabricator again in the new place on my lot and it started making the noise again. Now I've got two horrid noises in my game in two different places. I've restarted the game twice and it's still there, in both places. It's not an easy noise to ignore either. 

Message 21 of 84 (4,621 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [ECO] Sound for broken fabrication machine doesn't stop

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Same here. I found that if I choose "Replace" instead of "Repair", the noise stops. It's worked twice for me. It costs $900 to replace it, but at least the noise stops.  ETA: This does not work every time. In fact, it seems to not work most of the time. Frown 

Message 22 of 84 (4,566 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This keeps happening to me! i have to restart my game and its okay for about three uses then its back, its awful...

Message 23 of 84 (4,479 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Same. After the fabricator broke the noise remain. Replace didn't help me

Message 24 of 84 (4,379 Views)

★★★ Novice

I even tried starting a completely new save.  Went to the same lot completely bulldozed everything, made sure not to have a fabricator,  went to a dumpster, came back and that damn sound was still there! I don't understand how it carried over into my new save.  I can handle all the other bugs and issues that are going on right now but this one drives me through the roof for some reason! lol

Message 25 of 84 (4,309 Views)

★★ Novice
@Lavendela91 I get the noise even when i save and exit and come back to the sims on another day. Its a constant buzzing.
Message 26 of 84 (4,299 Views)

Buzz noise when maker machine breaks

★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? last one
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Get the maker machine broken
What happens when the bug occurs? A terrible buzz noise very loud.
What do you expect to see? I was in a community market making furniture and the machine broke. I repaired it but there was still a terrible noise coming from the machine. I deleted it but the buzz kept going. I buldozed the lot and it continued.to happen.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. the last patch and eco living expansion pack.

I was in a community market making furniture and the machine broke. I repaired it but there was still a terrible noise coming from the machine. I deleted it but the buzz kept going. I buldozed the lot and it continued.to happen. You can't get rid of the noise coming from the lot. Outside the lot you can't here it. 

Message 27 of 84 (4,268 Views)

Re: Buzzing noise coming from fabricator, constantly.

★★ Guide

This sound is harrying me as well and my fabricator did NOT break. Ugh. 

Message 28 of 84 (4,183 Views)

★★ Guide

Qued up a few things to make and had the game at high speed. 

The object never broke. the sound was just there after my sim had completed everything 

Message 29 of 84 (4,163 Views)

Re: Buzz noise when maker machine breaks

★★ Apprentice

I tried putting all the new eco machines in my inventory then leaving the lot. Came back, it's still there. It's so loud and obnoxious, it's headache inducing.

Message 30 of 84 (4,149 Views)