Re: [OPEN] [ECO] Sound for broken fabrication machine doesn't stop

by jz32300

Original Post

Re: Buzzing noise coming from fabricator, constantly.

★★ Apprentice

Reloading didn't fix it for me. In fact, neither did deleting the fabricator or the basement in which it was located. I couldn't get rid of the sound no matter what I did so I exited without saving.

Message 41 of 84 (1,887 Views)

★★★ Novice

This was the same for me -- it had no indication that it was broken, it just made the broken noise. It didn't look broken, nor did I have the option to repair it. 

Message 42 of 84 (1,824 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I have this too, and my fabricator has never broken. It's awful

Message 43 of 84 (1,772 Views)

★★ Novice

I also have this issue. I unfortunately saved prior to exiting so I'm stuck with it. Tempted to demo the lot and see if that resolves it.

Message 44 of 84 (1,741 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had this too with the frabricator after it broke but got rid of the constant sound by deleting the fabricator and travel to a different lot. When I returned to my active lot the sound had gone. I hope this helps.

Message 45 of 84 (1,715 Views)

★★ Novice

I had the same problem. I first noticed the buzzing sound after the fabricator broke on the home lot (Shipping Views in Port Promise, the house that looks like it's made from 3 shipping containers). I used "save as" to save the buggy version, and tried opening up my previous save before the fabricator broke, but the buzzing sound was still there in that exact location. I then tried opening up a save where my sim lives in Newcrest and had that sim travel to the Shipping Views lot--the sound was still there in that exact spot, even though that lot only has the base furnishings (no fabricator) and my current character doesn't own a fabricator. It wasn't until I completely shut down the game and restarted that the sound went away. I've just now placed the fabricator back on the lot, but from the sound of everyone else's responses the sound will likely return if the fabricator breaks again. The sound only appears in Live mode, not Build mode, and so far I haven't noticed this happening on the community lot where the maker studio is, just on the home lot.

Message 46 of 84 (1,668 Views)

Store No More Home Fabricator Break Sound don't stop

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? Up dated by Origin
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? fast forward to 2 or 3
What happens when the bug occurs? using the "Store No More Home Fabricator" on fast forward 2 or 3 when it breaks the break sound continued after fixing it, even leaving the lot and returning later the breaking sound remains
What do you expect to see? no looping and remaining breaking sound
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. started in Eco Lifestyle

Store No More Home Fabricator break Sound remains after fixing it and even leaving the lot, then returning later doesn't stop it. you'll have to log off then login to get it stop

Message 47 of 84 (1,675 Views)

★★ Novice

I also have had this problem multiple times.  I had to end up moving to different lots.  I even tried putting it in a basement so if it does the noise issue it wouldn't be as loud but its still bad.  I did notice while my sim was weeding her plants with the leaf blower thing I was fast forwarding and the sound of that item continued as well.  That noise isn't as awful as the fabricator though, that makes me sick to my stomach.  I believe I would have been fast forwarding with the fabricator too.  

Message 48 of 84 (1,606 Views)

★★★ Novice

Of all the bugs in Eco Lifestyle, this is obviously the highest priority - I can't believe it hasn't alr3ady been addressed. I had to start a new game because of it - my dog ran out of the room squeeling and frightened it's so loud! Please EA, fix this one as a matter of urgence.

In the meantime I will have to start a new game, the one with the fabricator is broken beyond repair...

Message 49 of 84 (1,503 Views)

Re: Buzzing noise coming from fabricator, constantly.

★★★ Newbie

Yes and even when I turn the lot into a market space the noise still continues. 

Message 50 of 84 (1,356 Views)