Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ECO] Non Freelance Sims Getting Reminders to Do Gigs

by Stormmy1769

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [ECO] Non Freelance Sims Getting Reminders to Do Gigs

★★★★★ Apprentice

This happened to me after the most recent update.

Got a child sims getting calls, for eco gigs and decorating gigs. No one in the family is in those career paths. I do play with mods, but nothing that messes with careers and I do keep them up to date. 

Message 51 of 79 (1,385 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Same here, I get it twice in a row every single day in every single game.  It's annoying the heck out of me!

Message 52 of 79 (1,306 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ECO] Non Freelance Sims Getting Reminders to Do Gigs

★ Apprentice

I get them for dream home decorator, acting, and freelancing. My sim is living off the grid and trying to do shipwrecked challenge but at least twice a day my actions I tell her to do are interrupted by these messages. I cannot accept any of those jobs and neither can her toddler that also gets them. 

Message 53 of 79 (1,255 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

This is happening to me as well, in every single one of my played households where I have a sim who has raised the Fabricating skill.

I compared the dramanode tuning file for the maker gigs to some of the other freelance careers and the tuning file for makers is missing the line that checks for the hidden trait designation of freelance maker, which all the other drama nodes do have.

Message 54 of 79 (1,225 Views)

★★★ Novice

I am also experiencing this issue! It started popping up after the latest patch. My sim is not a freelancer,  she is a space cadet and owns a clothing shop. I do meet the fabrication requirements to complete gig, i am just not able to select it. 

Message 55 of 79 (1,153 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

Yeah, I just got a popup for my unemployed Sim (she's a farmer!) to look at Interior Decorator gigs.

Interestingly (to me?) she's from another save where she was a freelance crafter. I'm not sure if she was imported here from before or after she had the job, though...

Her wife is a freelance artist in addition to farming.

Message 56 of 79 (1,139 Views)

★ Novice

Hilariously enough, I've been getting reminders on one save file for the dog to take gigs, even when the freelancer in the house is on a gig at the time

Message 57 of 79 (1,048 Views)

Re: Job agency calls non actor sims and their pets to check out gigs every morni

★★★ Novice

Apologies for the necroposting, but I am now experiencing this issue (28/08/2022)…..NONE of my sims have had a freelance career or a career at all yet. My entire household gets this pop up daily (sims days)  including toddlers?!!! 

I’ve experienced this for the last 5 (human) days. 

is EA actually going to fix this bug at any point ?! 

Message 58 of 79 (816 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [ECO] Non Freelance Sims Getting Reminders to Do Gigs

★★★ Apprentice
@XCoco_LolipopX I am also getting these messages every morning around 4 am. No one in my current household is in the freelancer career. Mum and all three kids are constantly bombarded with the irrelevant messages. Please make it stop!
Message 59 of 79 (566 Views)

★ Apprentice

Over 2 years later, still getting this. Every single sim - dog, cat, toddler, even newborn babies - regardless of job orientation, gets these obnoxious calls every single morning. If I've got a full household, I have to click "cancel" 8 times each morning. None of my sims are freelancers.

Message 60 of 79 (504 Views)