Re: Job agency calls non actor sims and their pets to check out gigs every morni

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [ECO] Non Freelance Sims Getting Reminders to Do Gigs

★★ Novice

Hey, I know this is 6 months old but I am having this issue now. Can you please expand on your comment? I am not sure what it means. Are you saying we should open the Cheat window and type "runAffordanceDramaNode_Freelancer_OfferGig_Maker"?

Message 21 of 79 (2,282 Views)

Re: Freelance Crafter Gig Reminders for Kids and Pets

★ Apprentice

I am having this exact issue as well. In the household I am currently playing, only one Sim is an actor (therefore, some calls about gigs are actually in his field), but about 98% of the calls refer to the freelance career and are directed at the entire family (toddlers and all.) The options are also greyed out (as no one in the family is in that career.

Message 22 of 79 (2,252 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [ECO] Non Freelance Sims Getting Reminders to Do Gigs

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I also have this pop up & found this thread looking for a way to stop it. Just wanted to throw in another comment since it looks like it hasn't been solved.
I also have this pop up regardless of Sim or Career (or lack of).

Message 23 of 79 (2,192 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I would also like to add that I'm still having this issue. I first pinpointed the source to one freelance writer sim after the game threw some last exception errors at me with his name recorded. After I deleted him, the notifications stopped for a while. And yet, just now a cat got reminded to do his freelance gigs. What a mess lol.

Message 24 of 79 (2,151 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ECO] Non Freelance Sims Getting Reminders to Do Gigs

★★★ Newbie
I searched and found this becuase its still happening

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? every sim day
What is your current game version number?
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except vampires, bantuu and paranormal
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? HAve a sim exist
What happens when the bug occurs? None of the household members ahve every been gig and the call hits the adults the kids and the cats
What do you expect to see? Only those in the freelance to get the reminder calls
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No CC. Only mods ran without mods still happens
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I installed Ecolife a few days ago its happened everywhere.
Message 25 of 79 (1,987 Views)

★★★ Guide

My toddler is being reminded to sign up for gigs...

Message 26 of 79 (1,957 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This is not just restricted to families with a freelancer in it.  I'm currently playing a household with a single teen living alone, who gets this call every morning at 4am ever since I got the Eco Lifestyle EP.  This is clearly a glaring bug in the EP's job-monitoring scripts, and it's dissappointing to see it still hasn't been addressed.

Message 27 of 79 (1,861 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [ECO] Non Freelance Sims Getting Reminders to Do Gigs

★★ Novice

Hello! I know this thread is old, but I have this problem. My sim doesn't even have a job, and I get two notifications every night. Can I still send you a link? 

Message 28 of 79 (1,636 Views)

Job agency calls non actor sims and their pets to check out gigs every morning

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? up to date (August 1, 2021)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? My guess is, have an actor in your save. Even if you're not currently playing with them, the notification will show up in every household.
What happens when the bug occurs? Basically, every morning at 4 (or 7 if I'm playing without mods (MCC)) there's a notification that pops up of the agency asking my sims to book gigs. Problem is, it happens with sims that are not actors, have never been actors or are actors but already have a gig booked. It even happens for my pets. My sister, who is playing on her laptop on Windows has the same problem. The bug appears to only happen in households with a young adult female sim.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see nothing. The notification isn't supposed to pop up.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I've had this problem for over a year now. My last post from June 2020 is marked as 'solved' which was premature and then I just gave up in trying to fix the issue but it's getting really annoying.

I'm playing The Sims 4 on my MacBook Pro, I have all the packs and I have tested this bug without mods and deleted the cache files.

Message 29 of 79 (1,652 Views)

Re: Job agency calls non actor sims and their pets to check out gigs every morni

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Carlie_M_Cullen Sounds like this issue for freelancer career: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-ECO-Non-Freelance-Sims-Getting-Reminders-to-Do-Gig...

I don't know who marked your other post as solved but since it was marked as such, I had moved it to tech, assuming it was solved for you by removing mods. You can always unmark a solution if you press it by accident by clicking on the three dots and choosing not the solution

Could you send your save to Nick as asked in the freelancer thread ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 30 of 79 (1,635 Views)