N.A.P. Energy Efficient Appliances Fines Despite Upgrades Still Broken!

by HazeMan1990

Original Post

Re: N.A.P. Still Giving Fines Despite Upgraded Appliances

Hero
@ShleeP You need to repeal it. Click on the mailbox/community board and just to repeal it. Then you need to find folks to help you get the vote througj

Or use testingcheats, then shift-click on mailbox/community board and just the option to instant repeal.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 37 (3,763 Views)

N.A.P. Energy Efficient Appliances Fines Despite Upgrades Still Broken!

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.71.86.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Expansion Packs, A few Stuff Packs and Most Game Packs except for Jungle Adventure, Out Door Retreat and the other one.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play a household with ALL the appliances from TVs, Stoves, Fridges and anything labeled as an appliance with Eco Upgrade Parts and wait for the * Inspector to show up, fine you despite having met all the Eco Friendly Appliance standards and enjoy getting fined by the Inspector.
What happens when the bug occurs? Whenever I have the Eco Appliances NAP active for my neighborhood and Household!
What do you expect to see? The Eco Appliance NAP to work ACCORDINGLY to appliances that HAVE BEEN UPGRADED WITH ECO UPGRADE PARTS and not be fined by some greedy Eco 'Inspector' and have my bills raised!
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

N.A.P. Energy Efficient Appliances Fines Despite Upgrades Still Broken! It needs FIXING (repairing, sorting out) Every time I have this NAP active, I get fined for no reason despite upgrading every single thing that has eco upgrade option available! I leave out certain upgrade options as the screenshot I am uploading with this complaint will explain. I am highly offended that this issue has not been fixed and the claims of it being fixed in the past are false despite past patch notes claiming it to be fixed.

Fact!: The Eco Friendly Appliances NAP is still broken!

Fact!: The Eco Inspector keeps fining my Sim's household despite having all the upgrades on all the appliances! I have to bribe him/her to not fine me and lately the bribes have been REJECTED by the Inspector, which not only is annoying, but leads to my household being fined with a bill increase!

Fact: This NAP needs fixing, it hasn't been fixed despite your claims, and it still gives me and possibly others the same issue as before, the ECO Inspector is the issue here, not the appliances! So there is your evidence that this nap is STILL BROKEN!

Message 12 of 37 (3,746 Views)

Eco Lifestyle still not fixed?

★★★★ Novice

What is your current game version number? 1.72.28.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats & Dogs, City Living, Discover University, Eco Lifestyle, Get Famous, Get to Work, Get Together, Island Living, Seasons, Dine Out, Jungle Adventure, Outdoor Retreat, Parenthood, Realm of Magic, Spa Day, Strangerville, Vampires, Backyard Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, Luxury Party Stuff, Moschino Stuff Pack, Movie Hangout Stuff, My First Pet Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Tiny Living, Toddler Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? - Move sim to a lot, upgrade appliances using eco parts and vote for Eco-Friendly Appliances N.A.P. - For the other thing, make every lot in neighborhood eco-friendly, vote for green/eco-friendly N.A.Ps, edit lot traits to match the green footprint and when the bar becomes green, travel somewhere and then come back
What happens when the bug occurs? - N.A.P Inspector appears on my lot and tells me how I'm not in compliance of eco appliances plan that I voted for. I upgraded every single item that had an option to upgrade it and I made sure to use eco cells as well, if there was an option. However, inspector is still there and I'm getting fined. - Another issue that I'm having is that whenever I leave my lot and then come back, my eco green bar is dropping insanely fast for no reason and it goes back to neutral.
What do you expect to see? - I expect to NOT be fined for not using eco-friendly appliances, when all of my appliances are upgraded using eco parts for energy efficiency. I don't even have that many because I'm trying to limit my appliance usage anyway, but this issue persists even when I played on other lot, with other sim. - I also expect my eco footprint to NOT drop back to neutral when it's clearly not supposed to. I even overdid it with the green stuff that it just became unrealistic at this point. I expect the footprint to stay the way it is unless my sim (or other sims around me) make some impact.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I know this is an old issue, but it's still an issue and today I got time cuz xD . I don't wanna sound like a bad guy here, but honestly my expectations are quite low for a game this expensive. The only thing I expect is that it works properly. I know that bugs are unavoidable, especially with this many packs, but I do want to see the team actually working on fixing them, rather than completely throwing the expansion under the rug and giving us a brand new one for purchase. There have been so many updates but most of them are focused on adding stuff that were supposed to be there from the very start in the first place.. or fixing some minor issues just to add something to the list. (((:
Which is nice of course, I am happy that at least something is being fixed and added, I love the new hair textures and little details like how bunk beds ladder placement works, but in no way I should be "glad at least something is done" that was expected to be done either way, but that's another topic.

Anyway, I voted for Eco-Friendly Appliances N.A.P. in my neighborhood and I only use a few appliances to begin with. I upgraded all of them with energy sufficiency using eco parts, but the Inspector keeps coming anyway and I get fined even tho I barely even use appliances and all the ones that I have are upgraded. 

Now another thing, every single lot in my neighborhood is eco-friendly, every single one has a green icon when I look at it from Manage Worlds, I made sure to edit every single one of them to make them even extra green so that there is no chance they're causing this issue. I tried to cheat by setting my footprint to full green, but it just keeps going back down and I have to keep an eye on it all the time. I also tried letting it drop and just do it's thing. In that case it just goes back to neutral and then it starts coming up again but very slow.. this is happening every single time I leave my home lot and this expansion is not so playable if it's gonna be like this. The fact that it's been so long and nothing has been done about it yet is just unacceptable for a game like this. It makes no sense that it drops in the first place, so constantly keeping an eye on it and cheating my way through is not a solution. All neighborhoods are constantly leaning towards neutral and there is absolutely nothing I can do to stop this from happening, which btw completely beats the point of Eco Lifestyle expansion where we are supposed to make that impact.. "but hey, here are some new(old) copy pasted bunk beds which were totally hard to make which is why it took so many years so introduce them even tho community asked for them so many times over the years".. Things get way worse in apartments in Evergreen (I did not even try doing this in City Living apartments). Since it's apartment, we can't place any clean energy-producing objects like Solar PanelsWind Turbines, and Dew Collectors. Unfortunately, the game does NOT add them to the apartment roofs or backyards, which I would expect to happen if for example all neighbors pay for it. I even used a T.O.O.L. mod to buy these and then place them outside of my apartment, but the issue still occurs. 
The big issue for me (and the reason I decided to post this even tho it's a well known issue) is that every single post on this topic is marked as SOLVED. It is nowhere near being solved, there was not a single solution that worked and yet it's marked as solved which is very misleading to me and anyone else trying to get help regarding this topic, guys Frown( This makes it hard for me and anyone else having the same or different issue to actually find a solution to their problem, because everything is marked as solved. It's a waste of time, I had to go through 10001 different posts and comments that talk about this same thing just to find that there is no actual solution in the end, just talk. And I can imagine it was the same for everyone else who just wanted to find a way to solve this problem (if there is a way) and get back to their simming! Frown(

Message 13 of 37 (3,724 Views)

Eco inspector says im not in compliance with the neighbourhood action plans.....

★★★★★ Novice

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Select these specific Neighbourhood Action Plans.
What happens when the bug occurs? I get higher taxes.
What do you expect to see? I should get my taxes relieved because im in compilance with the Neigbourhood Action Plans..
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Select these specific Neighbourhood Action Plans.
What happens when the bug occurs? I get higher taxes.
What do you expect to see? I should get my taxes relieved because im in compilance with the Neigbourhood Action Plans..

Може да бъде изображение с 1 човек

Why does my eco inspector say im not in compliance with the neighbourhood action plans, when i have a lot of flowers and 3 trees and also all of my appliances are upgraded to be energy efficient, but im still not ok smh?? What am i doing wrong? Should the plants be in the ground not in a pot or what?

Message 14 of 37 (3,696 Views)

Re: Eco inspector says im not in compliance with the neighbourhood action plans.

★★★★ Expert
@MartinTsankov I can't help you with the appliances, but Green Gardening requires either a bee box or a bug box. I flailed around with that one myself until I finally found it online. It's not well documented.
Message 15 of 37 (3,665 Views)

Re: Eco inspector says im not in compliance with the neighbourhood action plans.

★★★★★ Novice
@xochiquetzl_xkvn Ohhh, thanks for that I'll try it later, yeah they don't really mention that anywhere.
Message 16 of 37 (3,658 Views)

★ Guide

I also have all the appliances updated with eco parts, and the inspector says I am not following the plan...

Message 17 of 37 (3,631 Views)

Re: N.A.P. Still Giving Fines Despite Upgraded Appliances

★★ Apprentice

You gave me an idea! I instantly repealed it using cheats, and re-enacted it doing the same! It reset the eco inspector and I called and he came and looked at my computer which has everything except for fuel cell and IP Spoofer and he walked out saying my bills are reduced! This fixed it!! If you are still having trouble, try doing what I did! I think the patch worked but if you have it enacted before, you just need to do this!

Message 18 of 37 (3,505 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Read my fix! I just left it in the replies!

Message 19 of 37 (3,504 Views)

EA Sims Team

Sul sul everyone!

We're still investigating this issue but if people are willing to share save files with us that would actually help our team a lot!

Here's a link to the instructions on how to send save files to our team.

Thanks all and Happy Simming! Party hat

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 20 of 37 (3,460 Views)