Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [ECO] Messages for NAP being passed with Option turned off

by simsplayer818

Original Post

Notification still appear even PC disabled "Enable NPC Voting"

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.66
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Disable NPC voting. 2. Wait 1 week
What happens when the bug occurs? Notification; "XXX" received the most votes and now applied immediately
What do you expect to see? No notification!
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

And could you add a button "Repel all NAPs now" to Options, to wipe out all applied NAPs from all households so I don't have to place sims in each district and repel them one by one?

PLEASE!?

Message 11 of 41 (1,336 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [ECO] Messages for NAP being passed with Option turned off

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Can anyone experiencing this issue possibly share a save file with me where it's occurring? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks so much for the help!

Instructions for sending me your save: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

EDIT by crinrict: Fixed link

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 12 of 41 (1,200 Views)

★ Pro

@SimGuruNick  I have sent DM with link to save file for this issue.  Hope it's helpful.

PS, clicking on your link for sending save file instructions took me to an invalid parameters specified page.  I'm using Edge browser and don't know if it occurs with other browsers.

Message 13 of 41 (1,172 Views)

Hero
@dolldrms1 Thanks for the heads up. There was an extra space in the link. I fixed it :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 41 (1,151 Views)

NAP activated even though it's off

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.72
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but not the kits.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure.
What happens when the bug occurs? A NAP gets activated.
What do you expect to see? Nothing.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I haven't played since 1.68 I think. Just started playing again. And my NAP options have always been off.
I also noticed that sims with the iceproof trait started freezing, removed them and added them back fixed it.
So maybe rolling back my save and activate and then disbable NAP again will fix it?

EDIT: Tried to activate and disable NAP, didn't work, removed mods etc didn't work either.
EDIT: I get a message that a NAP is activated but I can't remove it by cheats. I can however ad a NAP and then remove that NAP. So maybe I only get a message that a Nap got activated even thought it didn't? Cause of old save? And it won't repeat?

Message 15 of 41 (1,090 Views)

Re: NAP activated even though it's off

Hero
@SisterGloomy merged your thread with existing report.

It's just the message afaik

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 41 (1,044 Views)

Re: Disabling NPC Voting doesn't work - ECO Lifestyle

★ Novice

Yep.  That's what I have found in my game.  I get a notice that an N.A.P. was passed but then the view current NAP tab says there are no active NAPs.  It doesn't effect my game. It just makes me pause at time to check and make sure it is still just the bug.

Message 17 of 41 (938 Views)

★ Pro

I just bought EL a couple of weeks ago and turned of NAPs immediately. At first I panicked when I got these notifications, but then I realized no NAPs were actually going into effect. I thought this was by (stupid) design. I'm actually glad to hear it's a bug. So silly to get notifications for gameplay you're not even using.

Message 18 of 41 (918 Views)

★★ Apprentice

This is causing me horrible paranoia, partially because I was experiencing a problem with a few of the NAPs where despite turning them off, they would still be active unless I repealed them. (I suppose that might not be a bug, but there should be a disable all option or something in that case please!) I checked and after receiving a message that a NAP had been passed, it didn't actually show up.
A potentially related thing, when my NAPs actually are running, regardless of if they're turned on or off, they don't seem to care what lot they're in. And they don't seem to care at all about what I'm actually doing. The water saver eco NAP in particular, I was getting charged even while off lot for multiple days. I started a new save game, allowed the water saver NAP to pass, made a vampire sim and sold her sinks, refrigerators, showers and toilets. She couldn't possibly use water, and yet they kept messaging her that they wanted to charge her extra for her excessive water use. And now even with NAPs turned off, I swear the "Mean Street" NAP is still in effect, also seemingly ignoring which lot I am on currently. I just had a couple of sims ripping each others heads off on a public lot, in a conversation with mine while I was trying to befriend the Mischief mage teacher. (Which was annoying by itself...) (I know she has the mean trait, but others were acting up too.) When I went to my home lot (It was a new sim, so I didn't check the NAPs) The Mean Street NAP was in effect at my home lot. I had to save up points in order to repeal it, despite having the setting turned off at the time! So despite the messages about a new NAP going into effect being a false alarm, some of these features are still causing issues when the setting is set to disable them. This doesn't seem to happen with all NAPs in my experience, but I am pretty sure Mean Street was acting like it was active with the setting turned off. (Could just be the other sims changes recently, I suppose. Goofball is pretty messed up right now, so maybe other traits are too.)

Message 19 of 41 (768 Views)

Champion

So this looks like it's been going on for a long time!

I disabled NPC voting in December after I'd played Eco Living for around 12 Sim days I think, across only 2 voting cycles. Once I spotted the option to turn it off.

Somehow though, most of my neighbourhoods still got max NAPs. I actually thought it must have been automatically randomized across all my worlds until another player said different.

I had a Sim move to each neighbourhood (which took a while as I have all worlds except for Star Wars and Vampires) to repeal any I find too intrusive, Free Love, Roughhousing and We Wear Bags. Free love is the worst, it's horrible having family events. Plus your Sim doesn't get warning or the option to say No before they get grabbed and I'm really surprised a feature like that has been added in this day and age. It sends a really poor message, and that's not like the Sims at all when it's trying to take positive steps towards progress. I suggest a rethink, as in consent.

I'm still getting the notifications saying NAPs are being voted for but it doesn't say in what neighbourhood. So I hope they haven't gone into effect. We could do with a master control to just turn them off manually.

I don't work for EA. I'm a Volunteer.
+XP for helpful answers from fellow players.
Accept as Solution helps others find the answer.
Message 20 of 41 (686 Views)