NPCs play with clay all the time again

by anikohuiber

Original Post

Clay bug

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, game packs and stuff packs apart from: Journey to Batuu, Nifty Knitting and the Bust the Dust kit.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game for a short while and eventually the bug will occur.
What happens when the bug occurs? Clay will continuously spawn in sim's inventories no matter how many times you sell it. Sims will constantly stop what they are doing to take out the clay and mould with it even though the Eco Lifestyle Promote Creative Arts NAP is not active (NAPs are turned off in my game). Sims will also stop what they are doing to use the Eco Lifestyle drafting tablet despite not being in the Civil Designer career.
What do you expect to see? For sims to only use clay when the Promote Create Arts NAP is active and to only use the drafting tablet if they are in the Civil Designer career.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Issues began after installing the May 27th 2021 patch version 1.75.125.1030.

Clay will continuously spawn in sim's inventories no matter how many times you sell it. Sims will constantly stop what they are doing to take out the clay and mould with it even though the Eco Lifestyle Promote Creative Arts NAP is not active (NAPs are turned off in my game). Sims will also stop what they are doing to use the Eco Lifestyle drafting tablet despite not being in the Civil Designer career. Issues began after installing the May 27th 2021 patch version 1.75.125.1030. 

Message 31 of 53 (749 Views)
Highlighted

NPCs play with clay all the time again

★★ Apprentice

Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.79.93
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? If u see any sims who are not in the active household.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims play with clay all the time again (not the active household). I have to reset them. Also when I change households, the sims will have clays in their inventory.
What do you expect to see? Fixing this bug again so the sims not using clays again and not having clays in their inventory.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It appeared after patch 1.79.93 again.

No further info

Message 32 of 53 (692 Views)

Future Cube Spawning Again

★ Guide

Which language are you playing the game in? Português
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.82.99.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? ALL
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Watching the Sims in Henford-on-Bagley's central neighborhood
What happens when the bug occurs? Uncontrolled Sims are using the Cube of the Future all the time.
What do you expect to see? Sims don't using the cube of the future.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Please describe the patch or change you made. 1.82.99.1030

I was in the main neighborhood of Henford-on-Bagley, specifically the pub, when I noticed that the NPC Sims, who were on and off the lot, were using the cube of the future several times.

04-12-21_17-33-09.png04-12-21_17-21-22.png04-12-21_17-11-37.png04-12-21_17-22-10.png04-12-21_17-23-50.png

Message 33 of 53 (681 Views)

Re: Future Cube Spawning Again

[ Edited ]
Hero

@SimsTime Did you check on the active NAPs in the pub ?

Also merged your post with the active thread. Please send your save to EA.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 34 of 53 (627 Views)

Re: the clay is back!! it keep showing up

★ Apprentice

Hi, I have this problem too and was told to post in this thread. 

My game currently has the Creative Arts NAP active (i’ve been trying to repeal it so will let you know if that fixes the issue).

It’s very excessive though even for a CA NAP, my sims are unable to interact with a NPC who is playing with clay, and the NPC has to be reset (debug object) in order to be interacted with. 

Unlike others who have had this problem, the sims don’t seem to have the clay in their inventory. I’ve added them to family to check/delete it but found no clay in the inventory, and no clay is being left around either.

Game Version - 1.82.99.1230

Message 35 of 53 (541 Views)

★ Apprentice

I'm trying to upload my save but it says "Unsupported extension type". it's a standard .save file. How do I change it and what does it need to be changed to?

Message 36 of 53 (528 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@HeLoves Are you uploading it on Google Drive? You need to create a .zip file to be able to upload your file.
Message 37 of 53 (524 Views)

★ Apprentice
@GiardiniDiMarzo I have no idea how to do that.. I don’t have Google Drive. this is so much more complicated than i anticipated 🤦🏻‍♀️
Message 38 of 53 (492 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@HeLoves Unfortunately if you don't have Google Drive or OneDrive you cannot share your save file, because the forum doesn't allow to directly share it here.
Message 39 of 53 (485 Views)

Champion

I've got this, on Xbox series S since adding Eco Living in December. It's all neighbourhoods as I just had a Sim move to each one repealing NAPs that were generated (separate bug reported regarding NAPs being voted by NPCs with it turned off on game options). I have all worlds except for the Vampire world. As my Sim moved from place to place meeting Sims to get Repeal signatures they were all using the future cubes and getting Sad/Angry moodlets. It didn't matter which NAPs were active. Also happens when relatives visit for dinner or going out somewhere. I was sure this was fixed a while ago. It adds to other issues I have with excessive mean interactions and Sims constantly sad and moping.

I don't work for EA. I'm a Volunteer.
+XP for helpful answers from fellow players.
Accept as Solution helps others find the answer.
Message 40 of 53 (452 Views)