by Scobren

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] [ECO] Hydroponic Planter seeds disappear

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Click Sim, tell to plant seeds in Hydroponic Planter, seeds disappear. I tried to plant seeds in all five spots, but that didn't work. So I removed the middle seed and seeds on one side disappeared.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims will keep trying to plant and continue that action unless it is canceled. Seeds disappear.
What do you expect to see? I expect seeds to show up on all four spots of the Hydroponic Planter.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. June 10th, 2020 patch.

I have a save file that I had submitted to SimGuruNick.

Message 1 of 10 (2,854 Views)

Re: Hydroponic Planter seeds disappear

Hero
@Scobren Does it matter which seeds you plant ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (2,795 Views)

★★ Novice
@Scobren Try this method, after you 'plant' the seeds onto the Hydroponic Planter, go into build mode, put the 'seeded planter' into the house inventory, then put it back into the game and replant the seeds from the inventory. Go back to live mode, your sim should be able to plant seeds as normal. It's a pain when you have a lot of planters, but this work around works for me.
Message 3 of 10 (2,773 Views)

★ Guide

Thank you@GrandTofu , I'll have to try that.  Thankfully I only have four on the second floor porch, so it isn't too bad.

Message 4 of 10 (2,720 Views)

★ Guide

@crinrict Nope, it is any seeds.  At first I thought it was the wall planters too, but they are functioning fine.  I don't think having MOO cheat on helped, so I turned it off.  It might have triggered the bug.  Thank you for all the hard work you do to help here.  I have always held the highest respect for you.  Nice to see you again too apart from forums.

Message 5 of 10 (2,717 Views)

Hero
@Scobren Could you test this on a fresh save where you didn't have moo on ? Just for testing

Nice to see you here too :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 10 (2,675 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi everyone, it seems the issue is dragging your seeds from your inventory onto the planter, doesn't matter if you use crafted or hydroponic. As long as you drag from your inventory, most seeds will not germinate. However, if you drag the seeds onto the planters from your house inventory, every thing works like it should as before. 

Message 7 of 10 (2,645 Views)

★ Guide

@GrandTofu Interesting and yes I did do it from Sim inventory and not household inventory.  Thank you for confirming that and nice to know there is a workaround for now.  I swear bugs love me even the strange ones like this one.

Message 8 of 10 (2,618 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Does anyone else have a save file they can share where this issue is occurring? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks so much for the help!

Instructions for sending me your save: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 9 of 10 (2,105 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [ECO] Hydroponic Planter seeds disappear

★★★★ Expert
@Scobren I noticed this also. I stopped using the hydroponic planter anyway because it's only benefit was it's ability to "auto-water" your plants, and that doesn't work for all plants. If I have to water them anyway, I'd rather use the regular ones.
Message 10 of 10 (2,062 Views)