Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ECO] Door missing to apartment when NAP completed

by SimGuruRitzy

Original Post

★★ Novice

I had this error as well. I was able to fix it by using the testing cheats and shift clicking on the mailbox to remove the Modern Development N.A.P. then I deleted the wall I had created next to the door. The door that comes in with the Modern Development takes up two spaces where the original only uses one. I then used the shift click to put the Modern Development N.A.P. back into effect after removing the wall and the door was there.

Message 11 of 18 (1,152 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It worked!!!! Thank you SO SO SO much!!!

Message 12 of 18 (1,112 Views)

★★ Novice
@DoveCalderwood Glad it helped! =o)
Message 13 of 18 (1,096 Views)

Problems with Sims4 eco lifestyle

★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Steam-PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Русский язык
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.64.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Eco lifestyle
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Check the blocks of flats in the new city, in the Grims Quarry district
What happens when the bug occurs? after getting modernisation trait door in the flat building disappears
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the door to my flat
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

examples of the building with and without modernisation trait

Message 14 of 18 (1,102 Views)

EA Staff

Hello.

If anyone is still seeing the issue (without mods) and are willing to share save files, instructions are here:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 15 of 18 (960 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I play on xbox. This is happening to my save as well. I was unable to recover door and was forced to move my family when this occurred. I attempted to repeal the N.A.P. but collected signatures not registering since this enacted in game. I even uninstalled game to see if it would help.

Was this ever resolved? Id love to get my door back. 

Also noticing in the apartments here, as well as city, shipping items on plopsy isnt registering on apt. mail boxes. 

Message 16 of 18 (764 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [ECO] Door missing to apartment when NAP completed

★★ Novice

I just had this issue as well in Stonecrest Apartment 4.I was on the lot, half my household was standing outside the door chatting with an invited sim, the other half were inside. Immediately when the NAP was enacted, the door disappeared. The problem is that the original door is a one tile door and it's replaced with a two tile door. If there is anything next to the door, the new door can't place when the NAP goes into effect if bb.moveobjects isn't already on.

Message 17 of 18 (723 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [ECO] Door missing to apartment when NAP completed

Champion

Playing on Xbox series S. This has just happened in my game. I hadn't looked at the completed development so didn't guess the doors and windows would change with the NAP and I had floor to ceiling panelling decor on the wall where the new door was supposed to be placed and a single space door there. So no front door spawned and one window was missing too. I had to exit without saving and move everything away from where the door would go in build mode from manage worlds. Then when I went back into my game and the NAP activated again the door spawned. The window didn't though because there's a very low platform in that room.

If we could edit the exterior it would be much better. In city living apartments with balconies like these we can edit them on the balcony side. 

I don't work for EA. I'm a Volunteer.
+XP for helpful answers from fellow players.
Accept as Solution helps others find the answer.
Message 18 of 18 (449 Views)