by DoveCalderwood

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] [ECO] Door missing to apartment when NAP completed

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Version 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When I updated the neighborhood to Modern while living at
What happens when the bug occurs? Loses Entry to Apartment
What do you expect to see? Door
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Greetings when playing and in Stonecrest Apartment 3 upon the completion of the Neighborhood Action Plan to Modern Development in Grims Quarry the front door was removed. My sims were stuck inside. i tried to add the door using the bb.moveobjects on cheat code and bb.enablefreebuild code and it did not work. I also tried bulldozing the apartment and downloading other gallery builds. Please advise as to how i can fix this issue.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 18 (6,539 Views)

Re: Door missing to apartment when NAP completed

★★★★ Expert

@STIncTheCEO I tested this: Made a new folder and a new save and sim, moved them to the same apartment in Evergreen Harbour as you. Voted for Modern Development and gathered points. On the day the vote was to happen I tried a couple of scenarios reloading in between: stayed ouside while the NAP went through and then tried to go home; stayed at home and tried to go out by way of Go Here, and with a specific direction (to introduce my sim to another sim outside).They had no problem using the door.

Did you use MOO or any other cheats and changed the apartment before the vote? Try doing a Repair in Origin.

Message 2 of 18 (6,487 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes I tried MOO and still received the error message. I tried moving the sim out and then moving back in and nothing. The sims were inside when the NAP was completed.

Message 3 of 18 (6,451 Views)

Hero
@STIncTheCEO Just for science, does the same happen again if you try on a fresh save (aka, is it reproducible each time).

Where you on the lot when the apartment changed ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 18 (6,429 Views)

Hero
@STIncTheCEO Have you been able to duplicate this on a fresh save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 18 (6,373 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have this exact issue 

Message 6 of 18 (6,355 Views)

The Case of the Vanishing Door

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? The door to my Sim's neighbor's apartment randomly vanished, and I have no idea why, or what caused it.
What happens when the bug occurs? The door is gone.
What do you expect to see? I expect Stonestreet Apartments #4 to have a front door, but the door is gone and I can't place a new one because you geniuses decided being able to edit the exterior of apartments was something we shouldn't be able to do.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I've noticed that repealing the "Modern Developments in Grims Quarry" N.A.P brings the door back, but if I try and reinstate that N.A.P, the door vanishes once again. I don't want to be forced to live in a dirty neighborhood with downgraded apartments. I've been dealing with a whole lot of game issues for weeks now, and I'm very frustrated, and very tired. Maybe next time don't be greedy and ship out expansion packs before they're finished. Can you help me, please? 

Message 7 of 18 (6,342 Views)

Re: The Case of the Vanishing Door

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I also should probably note that the door didn't instantly vanish for me when I enacted the N.A.P for the first time. It was there for several real-life and Sim days. Then it just randomly vanished. Nothing happened when I tried it in a new save

Message 8 of 18 (6,283 Views)

Re: The Case of the Vanishing Door

★★★★ Novice

This is still an issue, guys

Message 9 of 18 (6,185 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@crinrI I haven't
Message 10 of 18 (6,107 Views)