by maryww44

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] [ECO] Debug item looted in dumpster

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Français
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? ecolifestyle, seasons, gettowork, strangerville, tinyliving, laundryday
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? dumpster diving
What happens when the bug occurs? got a debug item when dumster diving (for ingredients) also some aliens plants from sixam and a some money tree seeds
What do you expect to see? no debug items when dumpster dive. also those rares items i mentioned should not be so easy to find
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

the debug item i got : 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 7 (1,712 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ECO] Debug item looted in dumpster

★ Apprentice

Do you mean actual debug build items or just showhiddenobjects debug? Because I don’t have a problem with the latter. Since all fruit is considered debug as are some of the new furniture, I’m guessing it would be tricky to limit what you get from it. Idk I thought it was fun finding an eel and a UFO fruit! 

Message 2 of 7 (1,605 Views)

★★★★ Novice

you can see the item in my picture on the first post. not a plant, il looks like a purple eye. it's listed as a decoration in my inventory.

Message 3 of 7 (1,578 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Can anyone experiencing this issue possibly share a save with me, to help us investigate? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks so much for your help!

Instructions for sending me your save: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 4 of 7 (1,488 Views)

Found debug object when Dumpster Diving

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.80.69.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansions: Cottage Living Snowy Escape Eco Lifestyle Discover University Island Living Get Famous Seasons Cats & Dogs City Living Get Together Get to Work Game Packs: Dream Home Decorator Realm of Magic Strangerville Jungle Adventure Parenthood Vampires Dine Out Spa Day Outdoor Retreat Stuff Packs: Paranormal Tiny Living Moschino Laundry Day Toddler Fitness Bowling Night Vintage Glamour Backyard Kids Room Romantic Garden Movie Hangout Cool Kitchen Perfect Patio Luxury Party
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I found it randomly by dumpster diving. It's not reliable by any means, probably just as rare, if not more so, than finding something like a money tree seed.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim goes into dumpster, and gets the message: [Sim name] found in the dumpster, but it may be in questionable condition. Check your Household inventory. The message doesn't give the object a name, but when you look in your inventory, it looks like a yellow and green box in the shape of a chair.
What do you expect to see? Anything but a debug item.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

When I log in with the object in my sim's inventory I get an error about there being an object that is part of an expansion pack that I don't own. It doesn't remove the debug object, but I wasn't getting this message before I found the object either.

Message 5 of 7 (1,270 Views)

Re: Found debug object when Dumpster Diving

Hero
@TheChainedMan I merged your post with the existing bug report on this. Could you send your save to Nick as asked above.

Thanks

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 7 (1,227 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [ECO] Debug item looted in dumpster

★★ Pro

So this is not intended behaviour? I get all kinds of gardening produce from dumpster diving and I think it makes sense.. If the sims has the recycler thingy trait, they'll obviously get more rare stuff like possibly even the money tree fruit.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Message 7 of 7 (1,180 Views)