by Cryst0l19

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] [ECO] [DU] Water consumption fees in dorms

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All, including Eco Living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim live in a dorm. Vote for water conservation in N.a.p
What happens when the bug occurs? It charges my sim $100 a day for excess water consumption.
What do you expect to see? The Sim lives in a dorm, water use between roommates can't be controlled. There is no way to monitor water use either. I don't feel the household should be burdened with water fees, when they don't pay utilities in a dorm.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Started after installing the Eco Living Expansion Pack. This didn't happen with the 6/3 patch.

After the sims voted for Water Conservation, and it took effect, my sim started getting charged a penalty fee of 100 Simoleons per day due to excess water use.  Because the sim lives in a dorm and doesn't pay, or is unable to view utility bills, I feel the charge is a bug that shouldn't be happening.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 11 (4,611 Views)

Re: Water consumption fees in dorms

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Cryst0l19 Just to be sure, you didn't encounter any error codes in your game ?

What you describe sounds like it's probably a bug but the error codes seem to break dorms in a way that bills arrive so I wanted to be sure that's not it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 11 (4,530 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ECO] [DU] Water consumption fees in dorms

★★★ Pro

I am also experiencing this in my game.  There are no fines with power consumption in the game.  See the image of the notification I get while living in the dorm below:

09-20-20_8-25-12 AM.png

Message 3 of 11 (3,969 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue. I got a couple of mods involved. But they should not effect this at all.. I'm living in an apartment & i have upgraded pretty much everything in the house that could possibly use water to be more eco friendly. It must be related to the neighbors that lives on the same floor. Its a bit hard playing as a teen & working as a barista making like £81 lol.
Untitled dasasd.PNG

Message 4 of 11 (3,922 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Could anyone possibly share a save file where they've seen this issue occur? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks for the help!

Instructions for sending me your save: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 5 of 11 (3,831 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [ECO] [DU] Water consumption fees in dorms

★★★ Newbie

I have almost the same issue. My sims lies in a dorm and the electricity is cut because I didn't oay the bills but I can't pay the bills. Also, on the mail box, I have the option to enroll in university even tho my sims are already in university and they go to class normaly.

Message 6 of 11 (3,798 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Power/Water shut down University House can't pay the bills

Message 7 of 11 (3,652 Views)

★ Apprentice
@canelacaliente Im having this problem!! Does anyone know how to fix this issue ??
Message 8 of 11 (3,085 Views)

★★ Novice

I’m having this problem just now. I got the notification saying how my sim will be fined daily if they continue using too much water. The thing is he lives in a dorm and I can’t control how much water each other sim uses. Just now the water has been cut off by N.A.P. because the sims continued to use a lot of water. I truly believe this is a bug. 

Message 9 of 11 (3,000 Views)

Hero
@KassyRae Could you send your save to Nick as asked here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-ECO-DU-Water-consumption-fees-in-dorms/m-p/9661674...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 10 of 11 (2,979 Views)