by Kyr0e

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] [ECO] [DU] Items in Storage Box/ICYA Chest become unowned

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything but Batuu, MFPS, Paranormal Stuff, Dream Home Decorator, and all of the kits.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? This part is unknown, as I've tested it in both scenarios, but the first occurrence was after extensive use in both (essentially, either of the two might be the culprit, but it would take longer testing to narrow it down, so I'm listing both). The scenarios are: 1) Place items into the Storage box/ICYA chest, then place into inventory. 2) Place items into the Storage box/ICYA chest, place in inventory, then "place in world" off of an owned lot (can be a public venue or just a worldspace area). Do either of these repeatedly/for an extended amount of time, and even leave the box/chest in an area whilst zoning elsewhere.
What happens when the bug occurs? Items stored in the Sticker Storage Box (Eco) (and by extension, the ICYA Chest (DU)) become unowned by the active household, disabling any ownership-related interactions (i.e. selling, put in inventory, listing on plopsy, and clearing from sales table).
What do you expect to see? All items still owned by the household, allowing for sales (in inventory, on Plopsy, and on the sales table) and the ability to put in inventory through the interaction menu.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

The thing is, everything was fine for a time, and I noticed no problems...until I then noticed problems. Despite a lack of long-term testing, I wanted to post this because there's an easy solution, and I wanted to put it out there for the few of us who might encounter this very specific bug.

Solution: Place all items on an owned lot, and transfer them into the household inventory. When they are extracted, they should once again be owned by the active household, and thoroughly usable. Update: This can be done to the box/chest with everything inside, and upon extraction from the household inventory, everything inside will have their ownership corrected.

Warning: Do not move household with items still in chest/storage box, as all items inside will become unusable, whether in household or sim inventory, and placing in household inventory will not fix the issue.

Note: This is not a mod-related issue (I've cleared mods, the cache, and even repaired the game to check if that fixed it), but simply beware if using the box/chest as a "bag of holding" whilst camping around the world or collecting items.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted title a bit, adjusted tag.

Message 1 of 2 (2,210 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [ECO] [DU] Items in Storage Box/ICYA Chest become unowned

Community Manager (retired)

Can anyone who has encountered this issue recently possibly share a save file where you've seen it occur? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks so much!

Instructions for sharing your save: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 2 of 2 (1,574 Views)