[NEEDS SAVES] [ECO] Community Space inundated with broken appliances

by Willowana

Original Post

Re: Community Space inundated with broken appliances

★ Guide

The pricing issue is separate, but there are some discrepancies with that too. What this thread is talking about are the items townies are dropping off at the landfill lots - not the items you can get out of the dumpsters.

Message 11 of 35 (2,197 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ECO] Community Space inundated with broken appliances

★★★ Newbie

My lot has been voted to be a maker space and the landfill lot trait is still there. I tried to go in and change it and it does not show that it has the lot trait unless you hover over it in manage worlds. Tired of having the prettier space with tons of broken appliances being dumped there.

Message 12 of 35 (2,174 Views)

★ Apprentice

I am having the same issue. Even when I upgraded the lot to a market space people started leaving fridges in doorways and such so people couldn't walk through. I can almost understand them doing it in the default state but once it's upgraded they shouldn't.

Message 13 of 35 (2,163 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I converted the community space in Port Promise into a Maker Space. I have also noticed an increase in the amount of broken fridges, ovens and stereos being dropped off. When they get repaired, they just stay there and my sim can use them as a normally functioning item. It's annoying though because one oven is blocking a door and one of the fridges is right next to the fizzing machine, so they're getting a bit in the way. On the other hand, a great way to up handiness!

Message 14 of 35 (2,154 Views)

★★ Novice

Currently have 3 refrigerators, 3 stoves, a tv and a stereo on my active makers space lot.  All in working order.  When I go into build/buy and switch the lots, the shell community lot has a stove and radio.  The others seem ok.  

Message 15 of 35 (2,133 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Update: Mine started doing it as a community space (which is normal since it had the trait) then continued once it switched to makers space , but it stopped when it switched to community garden and market place . So i'm thinking it's either affecting only the maker space which is highly unlikely, either the landfill trait gets "stuck in the backround" for the subvenue that's being activated right after the community space that actually has the trait. Then once the lot changes again and the trait was not there in the previous state, it doesn't carry on calling sims to dump their stuff. But i'll need to test it more to make sure

Message 16 of 35 (2,106 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

What traits do your community spaces have? Mine has the landfill and recycling traits, but all people do when they come by is dumpster dive or recycle. Nobody drops off anything, ever.

Message 17 of 35 (2,086 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Mine has landfill and recycling despite being turned into a Makers Space. I'll do some tests today on voting it into something else and then voting it back and see what happens to the visible traits.

UPDATE: I turned my community space into a Community Garden and its visible traits changed to Eco Lot and all the fridges and tvs etc were gone. I turned it back into a Maker Lot and it still only says Eco Lot, but all the TVs and fridges are back. However this time none of them are broken.

Message 18 of 35 (2,063 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Same here. My community space is a maker space and since the update random fridges and stoves have been left on the lot. My sim can repair them and upgrade them but you would think we would be able to put them in our inventory to take home or to recycle. It's pretty annoying and defeats the purpose of cleaning up the area if I can't remove the appliances. Maybe it's a bug. I hope it gets fixed really soon.

Message 19 of 35 (2,037 Views)

Community lot random item spawnings

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All EPs, all GPs except vampires and Strangerville, al SPs except MFP and Halloween + bonuses
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Eco Lifestyle. Port Promise community lot. Look for random broken items to pop up on the lot.
What happens when the bug occurs? When I came across my first broken item, I could not do anything with it but fix it. When I fixed it, I could drag it into my inventory — it was a boom box. The second item I came across was a small box tv (base not eco). Except after I fixed it, I could not do anything with it. It just sat on the ground. Could not have sim add to inventory, could not drag it. Not sure why items are spawning that we can’t add to our inventories.
What do you expect to see? If items are going to spawn that were dumped on the community lot, we should be able to pick them up and put them in our inventory.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 20 of 35 (2,054 Views)