Re: Community lot random item spawnings

by junkpilejennifer

Original Post

★★★ Guide

Does the lot have the Landfill lot trait? It will spawn trash.

Message 21 of 35 (937 Views)

Hero
@junkpilejennifer Merging this with the thread on excessive spawning

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 35 (915 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thanks. My second tv has been dropped off to the lot. I like the idea of it being a junk heap to score stuff from, but wish there was actual gain from fixing these items — like being able to keep them or throw them into the recycler. 

Message 23 of 35 (878 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [ECO] Community Space inundated with broken appliances

★★ Novice

I'm having this same issue! It bugs me a lot because I was hoping to use unspecified community spaces as a way to create a kind of "city hall," but I can't do that when there are broken refrigerators and TVs and stoves everywhere lol

Message 24 of 35 (859 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict Please correct me if I'm mistaken, but my thought was this issue is not necessarily the excessive spawning of broken items on landfill lots, but the inability to do anything with those items, particularly once fixed?

I just experienced this in a new save, as well. Only 2 items were dropped off: a fridge, and a TV. However, broken or fixed, my Sim was not able to take it home or sell it or do anything except repair and/or use it. One item was blocking the doorway so I had to go into Free Build mode to delete it.

Also, the broken fridges are still able to produce items such as quick meals, etc. Not sure if that is intentional or not.
Message 25 of 35 (831 Views)

Re: Community Space inundated with broken appliances

★★ Apprentice

I noticed random fridges and stoves dropped off after I made the community lot, by vote, a maker space.

Message 26 of 35 (808 Views)

Hero
@RenegadeKittyOG It's a bit of both. If they could be removed from the lot, the excessive spawning might not be a problem at all.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 27 of 35 (790 Views)

★ Apprentice

Just wanted to add that a klepto NPC was able to steal my TV from my house but yet I as the klepto sim do not have the ability to steal a TV, especially from the community lot. Seems unfair. Wink 

Message 28 of 35 (760 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ECO] Community Space inundated with broken appliances

★★★ Pro
@Rydell91 You need to remove the landfill trait from the lot if you don't want the broken items to spawn.
Message 29 of 35 (706 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ECO] Community Space inundated with broken appliances

★★★★ Apprentice
@canelacaliente That may be so, but you would think it would automatically lose the landfill trait once it's turned into a different space, particularly a maker space.
Message 30 of 35 (696 Views)