[NEEDS SAVES] [ECO] Child Sims Stretch when doing adult interactions For N.A.P's

by thecharsims

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] [ECO] Child Sims Stretch when doing adult interactions For N.A.P's

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except ROM and Vampires
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Best place is to go to a park with your sim child and bring a few NPC children as well. If there's a N.A.P in play, sim's will autonomously and have obnoxiously played instruments, cooked excessively etc. on community lots. You'll have to let nature take its course and wait for your sim's kids and/or NPC children to autonomously do some of the things that won the vote. The wait time is honestly not that long.
What happens when the bug occurs? The animations cause sim children to stretch and distort before stretching back to normal.
What do you expect to see? I expect for EA to come out with a patch ASAP to fix this glitch fest of an expansion pack so that sim kids aren't stuck doing adult animations required for the Eco Lifestyle pack.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Eco Lifestyle patch/EP

Basically, sim children try to do adult tasks that came with the N.A.P.S or Eco lifestyle voting board. Such tasks include, drawing on the drawing tablet which makes 0 sense to me as there's no tablet in their inventory. I've seen a few NPC children and my own sim children, take random pictures with their phone. I'm not sure what exactly that animation is unless it's the autonomous "snap picture" with phone animation that the teens tend to do in game or maybe it's something new. Both animations cause sim children, both played and unplayed, to stretch and distort before stretching back into place. So far, those were the only 2 animations that I've seen kids do. There could possibly be more but I didn't stick around long enough because every sim there kept swiping objects from the park with the exception of my own sims.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 19 (4,159 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ECO] Child Sims Stretch when doing adult interactions For N.A

★ Pro

I play rotationally among three sim families in my current save. As is my usual practice, I have the played families meet and befriend each other. Hence, when the prompt came up for a child to invite over after school the child of another played family, I accepted it. During the course of the visit, the not controlled child autonomously pulled out a sketch pad and the stretching for use ensued. I know that the item is not in that child's inventory when I play that family so I can only assume it definitely has to do with an enacted N.A.P activity. Since the child's size does return to normal it isn't game breaking but is bizarre looking.

I play on PC, have all game content released to date installed and haven't ever used mods or cc.

Message 2 of 19 (4,007 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [ECO] Child Sims Stretch when doing adult interactions For N.A.P's

Community Manager (retired)

Can anyone experiencing this issue possibly share a save file with me, to help us investigate? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks for the help!

Instructions for sending me your save:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 3 of 19 (3,918 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [ECO] Child Sims Stretch when doing adult interactions For N.A

★★★★ Apprentice

Children with the Recycle Disciple trait do this as well.  They autonomously dig in the trash and stretch to do so.  It kinda looks like they're stirring it with a stick or something.  There is no action in their queue at the time.

Message 4 of 19 (3,842 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [ECO] Child Sims Stretch when doing adult interactions For N.A

★★ Novice

The issue with sims doing things that they do not normally do it for adults too. The stretching is only children, but the pulling out and using things they don't have is all sims. They will pull out a violin and play, guitars, clay, future cubes, tablets, etc. The clay and the future cubes also duplicate each time they use it so you will end up having +99 in your sims inventory if you do not keep catching it. I am also getting it where any sim that can use a stove will bake cake, even if they don't live there. It is making it really frustrating to play because they keep starting the cake, they do not always bake it, but leave the tray all over places, and if they do bake the cake they end up with 16 in the fridge when the maid puts it away!

Message 5 of 19 (3,787 Views)

Child sims using the drafting tablet and stretch.

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? V1.31
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all expansions, dine out, parenthood, journey to batuu, vampires, nifty knitting, kids room, backyard, my first pet, romantic garden, toddlers.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By seeing if the children use the drafting tablet.
What happens when the bug occurs? The child sim randomly pulls the tablet out, stretches like they do when using adult interactions, and just using it for a bit.
What do you expect to see? Them to not get it out and randomly stretch.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Fix it.

Message 6 of 19 (3,764 Views)

Re: Child sims using the drafting tablet and stretch.

★★★★★ Guide

So far I've seen the tablet one and also the stretch one.

Unrelated I've also seen toddlers use an umbrella when it's raining out and my newest find is using the "convince to" interaction and asking a toddler to cook, clean or bathe and having them stretch out as they refused to do it.

Hmmmmmmm 🤔

Message 7 of 19 (3,722 Views)

Hero
@Bearpal64 The toddler umbrella has a thread here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-S-Toddlers-stretch-when-using-umbrella/td-p/837600...

and the convince: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-DU-Convince-to-Available-on-Toddlers/td-p/8771955

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 19 (3,710 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@crinrict to the rescue!
Thanks I mean I thought they would be bugged already but there are tons of threads lol
Message 9 of 19 (3,694 Views)

★★ Guide
@Bearpal64 Toddlers using umbrellas is a thing that happens in my game, also. Just another glitch.
Message 10 of 19 (3,685 Views)