[FIXED] [ECO] Can't Evolve Plants In Vertical Garden

by Malornus

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ECO] Can't Evolve Plants In Vertical Garden

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Psychotps Thank you, I actually did not know you could put 2 on the same spot!
Message 11 of 40 (1,423 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm not having this problem exactly - but a while ago they patched so that you could evolve without your Sim actually interacting with the plant (so I could evolve things while they were asleep for example)... think that was around when they released Seasons.  This doesn't seem to work for the vertical planters.  I can evolve the plants, but it requires the Sim to stop what they're doing and physically interact with them. Adding this note since I thought that's what might have been meant by the title.

Message 12 of 40 (1,422 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@jedipwnces Haven't thought of that. I'll give it a try sometime.
Message 13 of 40 (1,420 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@jedipwncesYes, the patch added the auto evolve plant, if high enough when it goes dormant, the plant will regrow at a faster rate but be the next level.

Edit: I forgot to add when plants go dormant when its cold, just because they look like a pile of dirt don't mean they aren't increasing in their evolve level.  Some plants evolve faster in their dormant state than in their non dormant state. 

Message 14 of 40 (1,395 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@Sid1701d9 God, I hope not. I had to write a mod just to slow down the evolve rates. They are WAY too fast. All my plants end up Perfect in less than 2 weeks.
Message 15 of 40 (1,378 Views)

★ Novice

i’ve experienced the same thing.

Message 16 of 40 (1,347 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Anyways the patch before seasons added the auto evolve levels, so when the plant reaches the end of the sublevels it will be  considered ready to evolve.  I am not in game so I don't know how many sub levels there are with plants now.

Message 17 of 40 (1,324 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@Sid1701d9 There are 5 I believe. Normal, Nice, Excellent, Magnificent, and Perfect. Each evolution level ranges from 0 to 100 but each level starts at 50. This gives you some wiggle room so the plants have room before "devolving" if you don't take care of them.

My mod I'm testing changes the max evolution from 100 to 300. This should make it take 400% longer to evolve... Fingers crossed.
Message 18 of 40 (1,302 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Mr_NeOLiTHiC Yeah I tried harvesting the strawberries I planted before evolving them and they went back to planted state. Very sad.
Message 19 of 40 (1,280 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I'm having a similar issue. All my plant's lose their evolution when reloading the save regardless if they're on grass, in planters/boxes or vertical planters. I had perfect quality plants and they keep just resetting back to normal quality. Not to mention some plants won't grow to full in the vertical planters without cheating their growth state. 

Message 20 of 40 (1,255 Views)