[NEEDS SAVES] Doors/Windows sometimes won't place

by Helenteds

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Doors sometimes won't place

★★★ Pro

Same is happening to me PS4 all packs except the ones that came out this year an on pc I have all packs no mods used in this save both platforms up to date thanks @crinrict for pointing me in the right direction I wasn't sure if it was a bug or not.

Message 21 of 46 (3,324 Views)

Re: Can't place doors

★★★ Pro

@crinrict yes it is the same thanks for linking the bug reports I was unsure if it was a bug I've added to the bug report.

Message 22 of 46 (3,310 Views)

Re: Doors sometimes won't place after new update

★★★ Pro

@crinrict I might have found a workaround for this problem I just built a restaurant put my PS4 on rest mode and when I came back the front doors had vanished I tried to replace them but got the cannot intersect doors so I tried using moveobjects on cheat and it worked Sims can use the doors not ideal but it's the only workaround I have found.

Message 23 of 46 (3,288 Views)

Re: Doors sometimes won't place after new update

★ Guide
@Rachelharris31 Yes I pretty much don't build at all lately without moveobjects on, apart from when I am testing bugs!
Message 24 of 46 (3,252 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Having the same issue... have we found a solution? 

Message 25 of 46 (3,190 Views)

★ Guide
@ejsteves Not an actual fix, but bb.moveobjects is a good workaround.
Message 26 of 46 (3,173 Views)

Build Mode Issue - Door and Windows not placing

★★ Novice

I play on a MAC, and I am having issues since the platform update. In build mode it keeps refusing to let me place windows and doors after I try and add a foundation. I don't have mod on and have never had this issue before. 

Message 27 of 46 (3,131 Views)

Re: Build Mode Issue - Door and Windows not placing

EA Sims Team

Sul sul everyone!

We're still investigating this issue but if people are willing to share save files with us that would actually help our team a lot!

Here's a link to the instructions on how to send save files to our team.

Also, any further information on the following questions would be highly appreciated!

• Do you see this issue happening for every door/window placed or do you only see it for specific doors/windows?
  • Which are the lots that you try to build on?

Thanks all and Happy Simming!

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 28 of 46 (3,059 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Same issue here. There is one room on the 2nd floor where the treadmill is that I can no longer place doors of any type on, strangely, just two sides of the room. The issue started when I messed with the wall height, and bulldozing the walls and re-creating them doesn't fix it.
Link to Save

Message 29 of 46 (2,756 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

After bulldozing the room and putting up new walls where the old ones were, the issue persists. It also persists if I put up a new wall parallel to the one shown below, so it's like a specific area or radius of something or other is being affected. Either way, activating the bb.moveobjects cheat allows the doors to be placed normally.

Untitled.png

Message 30 of 46 (2,751 Views)