by Helenteds

Original Post

Re: Doors sometimes won't place after new update

★★★★★ Novice

Happens to me too!proof

Message 11 of 46 (12,144 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INUPT] Doors sometimes won't place

★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue. First, I was building a room on a platform so I thought you can't place doors like that. Then I removed the platform and made this exact room but I still can't place the door. I think it is because the walls are connected to the exterior apartment walls in my case. Because when I build a room in the middle of the apartment without connecting it to the exterior walls I'm able to put the doors.

Message 12 of 46 (12,099 Views)

why no doors?

★★★ Newbie

why can’t doors be placed after paints been put on walls? since the new update i can only put doors on unpainted walls, once they’re painted the doors delete themselves and can’t be placed. how do i fix this?

Message 13 of 46 (12,083 Views)

Re: why no doors?

★★★★ Novice

I am having the same problem since the patch this week.  Only I was not able to place a door on a plain wall (just built room, no paint/wallpaper/etc. yet placed).  I also thought it might be a problem with the platforms, so buldozed the lot and started over, but door still wouldn't place.  I have all expansions except Batuu and Snowy Escapes.  No CC or mods.

Message 14 of 46 (12,021 Views)

Re: Doors sometimes won't place after new update

★★ Novice

Funny you should ask about mods...I use the MC Command center mod; HOWEVER, mods were disabled after the update-so when this happened, no mods.  Then when I re-enabled the mods, I never had the problem again (???)

Message 15 of 46 (11,997 Views)

Can't place doors

★★★ Pro

It's not letting me place any doors it keeps saying can't intersect with wall there is nothing in the way I've tried all the doors and it's the same thing 

Message 16 of 46 (12,000 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Doors sometimes won't place

★ Novice

Yup exact same problem. Wouldn’t let me put a door in a specific part of a wall. I’ll see if I can get this to happen again. However it happened on PS4 after the most recent update.

Message 17 of 46 (11,980 Views)

Re: Can't place doors

★ Guide
@Rachelharris31 Is it just in this particular place/lot/wall or can you not put any door on any wall in your whole game? Is the screenshot showing a basement room?
Message 18 of 46 (11,973 Views)

★★★ Pro

It's a library build restaurant called Viva bolvine it's happening on all library lots I place and it's not a basement it's a one floor build I had to knock the wall out just so people could get in.

Message 19 of 46 (11,962 Views)

Hero
@Rachelharris31 Sounds a bit like this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Doors-sometimes-won-t-place/m-p/9716605#M160369 ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 20 of 46 (11,958 Views)