Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Doors/Windows sometimes won't place

by amoeller87

Original Post

★ Guide

I've had trouble after this March 23rd update placing doors as well. But I think it has something to do with foundations being partially broken. When I added a foundation, then I started having trouble placing doors or windows all the way next to the floor (in seemingly random portions of walls). But if I exit the lot, go to manage worlds and back again, then it fixes things.

Sometimes when you first add a foundation, it doesn't properly appear, for example: one wall doesn't show the foundation extending past the wall a little bit. You can apply a different foundation and it fixes the appearance. But now no door or window will be able to be placed at the bottom of the wall.

But as i said, exiting to manage worlds and going back again fixes it, at least in my tests.

Message 41 of 46 (979 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

In my case NONE of the doors or windows will place.   I tried several and couldn't make it happen.  In the picture I've attached you can see that UI is corrupted.   The symbols to the left should be windows rather than doors.  

FYI  I have NO mods installed and I tried repairing the game.  It had no effect.  I have all the packs and kits.

Message 42 of 46 (969 Views)

Re: Build Mode Issue - Door and Windows not placing

★★★★★ Newbie

so i haven't noticed this with windows and doors (yet) but it's happening with counters. I have no script mods and there's no CC in this house, but when I place a counter it doesn't stay, the second I click on anything, IF it lets me place the counter in the first place, it just disappears and goes into my household inventory. I built the house before the June 2021 update and just moved my family in. If i try to fix it it ends up irreparably messing up all my other counters too, even undo hasn't worked. 

I am using bb.move objects on these counters, they're on an angle and not a corner, but they were working totally fine before the update. 

Message 43 of 46 (661 Views)

Re: Doors sometimes won't place after new update

★ Novice
@Helenteds same with me
Message 44 of 46 (202 Views)

Re: Build Mode Issue - Door and Windows not placing

★ Novice
@bmcecilia86 me too
Message 45 of 46 (200 Views)

★ Novice
@YeOldSimmer me too