[NEEDS SAVES] Dishes being ignored when cleaning up

by Hroun_88

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Dishes being ignored when cleaning up

★★ Apprentice

I'm not sure if this is entirely related but my sims, even the neat ones during their cleaning frenzy, will ignore more than just the dishes. They seem to pick a few items to pick up then move on with their lives while still in cleaning frenzy state.. I also had a bug with my coffee maker getting cleaned. One time I left the lot and my coffee maker had just vanished. I could not find it anywhere and had to buy another one. The second time the coffee had become spoiled but it can never be cleaned because it was "Still brewing" I tried putting the coffee maker in my inventory and moving it and ultimately had to sell it as it was completely unusable and upsetting my sims. I took a recording of my coffee maker bug. And while I'm still on the subject of cleaning, my sims will ignore pet poop 100% of the time and just get upset about stepping in it. And my sims leave books lying everywhere and fail to deal with them all using the "Pick up books" interaction at the bookcase. Sorry if this is too far off topic but cleaning seems to be a big issue now.

Message 11 of 65 (3,201 Views)

Hero

Hi @Winterspell01

you can find the coffee/tea pot issue here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-TEST-Tea-Magic-Personal-Brewer-Missing/td-p/6440673/jump-to...

Cleaning frenzy issues here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-quot-Cleaning-frenzy-quot-option-not-working-as-intended/...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 65 (3,181 Views)

Hero

Does anyone still see this issue ?

@Hroun_88 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 65 (3,157 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

i do, mostly with glasses. =(

i've also seen the still brewing/spoiled tea issue. glad i'm not alone--i thought i was imagining things.

putting away books ignores those in a Sim's inventory.

Message 14 of 65 (3,142 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

till have the issue too, i'll ask to clean up a plate and instead of cleaning them all it'll clean just the one, or pick up a few but not all. 

Also, some plates are always ignored when on the high chair, or on half walls. In such cases, I need to specifically tell the sim to pick up that plate. Annoying !!

Message 15 of 65 (3,103 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi, I've had this problem too since the recent patch (February 22nd). Have you managed to find a solution or is it still doing it?

Thanks,

Remi Standard smile

Message 16 of 65 (3,046 Views)

Hero
It's an open issue still although for me it didn't seem as bad last I played

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 17 of 65 (3,045 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I just started having this issue after the latest patch.

Sim only cleans selected dish. Doesn't matter if other dishes are stinky. If I click on the dishwasher to wash dishes, it says there are no dirty dishes.

Message 18 of 65 (3,012 Views)

★★★★ Novice

After the latest patch I am also having this issue.

My sims will ONLY clean their own plates. They will not clean multiples. If I click "Load dishwasher" they will only clean the last plate they interacted with, or the option will be greyed out even with multiple dishes on the lot.

I have to manually click every dish on the lot to clean them one at a time. Butlers and maids will not clean dishes at all.

I have done the following:

- tried with and without mods

- tried an old save

- tried a fresh save (both with and without mods, fresh each time)

- reset my sims folder

- repaired the game

Short of completely reinstalling, I've tried everything I can think of to isolate the issue. 

I'm adding my info here to hopefully add to the future resolving of this issue. 

Thanks!!

Message 19 of 65 (2,984 Views)

★★ Guide

I'm having the same issue. It started after the latest patch for me, too. 

Message 20 of 65 (2,945 Views)