[OPEN] [DU] Uni Objects removed from Inventory/ Stuck in Robot Arm

by electricxdream

Original Post

Re: Robotic Arm Wont Come Off

★★ Novice

@crinrict wrote:
@QAhmad82AFAIK this is hidden trait that can be removed that will remove the arm. Not sure what it's called atm but since you're not opposed to mods, download the SimsINfo mod from MTS and check the Sims hidden traits. You will probably be able to tell which one you need to remove.

I had MC Command and its a hassle to have to go in and remove a trait everytime i change lots. This honestly shouldn't even be an issue in a $40 pack.

Message 41 of 53 (1,980 Views)

Sims 4 university

★★★ Newbie

Product: Playtest
Platform:All
What game do you want to talk about? Sims 4
How accessible is the current experience? Annoying, but OK
Summarize what in the product is difficult to use. Sims 4 university I’m having an issue taking my sims robot arm off I can’t take the robot arm off
How is this making it more difficult? I can’t take the robot arm off
How can we reproduce this experience? Fix sims 4 university and fix the robotics issues

I would like to be able to take my sims robot arm off 

Message 42 of 53 (1,893 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [DU] Uni Objects removed from Inventory/ Stuck in Robot Arm

@Twilighylover02  I've merged your post with the master bug thread that covers not being able to remove the robotic arm.  Please feel free to click Me Too on the first post, and add any other details you find relevant.  It looks like you could use a mod to fix it as well (details earlier in the thread), if you're interested in trying.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 43 of 53 (1,870 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

For anyone in need, I've got my robot arm removed using cheat code below

traits.remove_trait trait_RoboticsArm_Wearing_[YourArmColor]

Thanks to @crinrict, with  I confirmed that this arm thing is hidden trait, for me it's trait_RoboticsArm_Wearing_WhiteCopper.

Please note that the arm won't show in inventory after using the cheat code, but you can wear it again with

traits.equip_trait trait_RoboticsArm_Wearing_[YourArmColor]

(Removed mod link) - Atic 

Message 44 of 53 (1,778 Views)

★ Guide

Oh my god! esgfwall! I tried this cheat and it worked. It took me about 20 minutes to get it done as for some reason the arm was labelled White beige in the game and needed to be beige white in the cheats, but I am just so happy to have the stupid things off. I have been working on a save file for about a year and a half and I wasn't going to abandon my sims no matter what because I had put so much into them, but both of the sims in a couple had been stuck with the arms on since university came out and I have since got packs with really nice one piece outfits that they could not wear with the arms. I also was getting sick of watching them walk around in their underpants when they came home from work. When the arms came off I nearly cried. 

Message 45 of 53 (1,717 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Reekyteek hey I was wondering if you have to do this command for every trait your sim has and if where it says your arm colour do you put black and blue or blackandblue or just black blue or blackblue
Message 46 of 53 (1,375 Views)

★ Guide
@King944068 am pretty sure it is blackblue, and I am not sure about your first question. I just used the cheat to remove the robot arm trait, not any other trait.
Message 47 of 53 (1,364 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Reekyteek thank you, but I am still unsure what the robot arm trait is do you just put traits.remove_robotarm_RoboticsArm_Wearing_blackblue
Message 48 of 53 (1,332 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Reekyteek also do you need a mod because I play on console and you can't get mods
Message 49 of 53 (1,316 Views)

★ Guide
@King944068 hi again, the sim having the arm on is the trait. The only part of the cheat that changes is the colour so you put in exactly what you have typed above into the cheat box and no you don't need a mod. I don't play with them either
Message 50 of 53 (1,282 Views)