Original Post

Highlighted

[OPEN] [DU] Uni Objects removed from Inventory/ Stuck in Robot Arm

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Expansion/Game/Stuff Packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Wear robo-arm, travel to different lots
What happens when the bug occurs? My Sim put on the cybernetic robotic arm and traveled to Foxbury Commons for the Utili-Bot Contest. Her inventory deleted all Utili-Bots, upgrade parts, the robot salvage parts, mechanisms, computer chips, her bicycle...everything that was from Discover University except the soccer ball. She cannot remove the robotic arm at this point. Crafting a new one doesn't help, entering CAS does not reset anything. The items in the household inventory are unaffected. I've run this with and without custom content installed, and am unable to remove the arm or maintain the personal inventory.
What do you expect to see? All inventory items in the inventory, ability to remove the cybernetic arm.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installed Discover University, related specifically to items in EP.

Both the robo-arm and the inventory of Discover University items are gone and I can't get my Sim out of her cybernetic top! As cool as it is to have a cyborg sim running around, I would like to be able to remove the arm as expected.

I cannot maintain the personal inventory for my Sim, either. It continues to disappear if she travels to another lot. Any help with these issues would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 53 (8,723 Views)

Re: Stuck in Robot Arm, No Longer in Inventory

Hero
@electricxdream Sounds like the robo arm issue is an side effect of the inventory purge ?

There's this thread which is a general unspecific stuff is disappearing thread that's a bit older. There's also one for harvestables but your items clearly aren't harvestables.

Did she have any non-uni stuff that didn't get removed ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 53 (8,646 Views)

★★ Apprentice

She does, yes. Currently still has a snow globe, an autograph, some crystals, and a camera. She also maintained her University acceptance letter and a soccer ball which I thought were interesting choices on this one.

Message 3 of 53 (8,631 Views)

Remove Robo-arm (University)

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Equip the robo-arm.
What happens when the bug occurs? Option to remove robo-arm does not appear.
What do you expect to see? The option to remove the robo-arm should appear
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I equipped a robo-arm, then two more robot arm appeared in my inventory ( out of nowhere), I sold one of the arms but couldn't sell the other. Now the one I couldn't sell disappeared and I cannot remove my robo-arm.

Message 4 of 53 (8,628 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@electricxdream 

How did you acquire the soccer ball ? Through the kiosk or by joining the soccer team ?

@DraedanR10 

Merging your thread as it's very similar.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 53 (8,614 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@crinrict I purchased it from the kiosk during my first term. My Sim is in the process of graduating which is hilarious when she’s wearing the arm, because she can’t wear her graduation robe so it’s just her, her arm, and no pants.
Message 6 of 53 (8,542 Views)

Hero
@electricxdream We need pictures :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 53 (8,536 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrict I didn't have other University items in my inventory, so I'm not sure if it's related. Is there a mod to remove equipped items?
Message 8 of 53 (8,523 Views)

Hero
@DraedanR10 Don't know but I think it's too soon.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 53 (8,521 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrict So there is nothing to be done?
Message 10 of 53 (8,499 Views)