Re: Purchised Books Go Missing In Book Cases

by Tiarella4

Original Post

Purchised Books Go Missing In Book Cases

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.25
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Except Eco since it hasn't come out yet
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to a book shelf. Purchase a book (I bought the Culinary Arts book for collage) Go to read. . . Try to find culinary book to read it isn't there.
What happens when the bug occurs? Purchased books dissapeared in the book shelf
What do you expect to see? My purchased books. Im not using cheats so losing 1400 simoleons is a lot of mones.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 1.25

I'm on a no cheat save so losing simoleons to a glitch is disheartening when I'm playing. 

Message 21 of 29 (572 Views)

Hero
@Nicova13 Is it only the text books as in this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-DU-Text-books-for-studying-missing-after-single-us... or generally all books ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 29 (549 Views)

★ Apprentice

It would seem they are similar. The only difference I see is that's on PC and I'm on PS4 

Message 23 of 29 (535 Views)

★ Apprentice

Also I've never encountered thos issue before this update. And I've played university play through before with out an issue with the course books 

Message 24 of 29 (528 Views)

Hero
@Nicova13 Platform generally doesn't matter for bugs.

It does seem an on/off issue. The big question is: Do you see it on any other books then uni text books ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 25 of 29 (521 Views)

★ Apprentice

So I tried purchasing a magic book, vampire encyclopedia, and acting Vol 3, and Research and debate vol 2, to see what happened and they all show up when I go to read them from a book shelf so it seems it's only the university course books that are an issue 

Message 26 of 29 (498 Views)

Hero
@Nicova13 Merging your thread then.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 27 of 29 (490 Views)

★★ Guide

Fwiw--my Britechester-enrolled sim graduated months ago, but I too had the 'disappearing university text book issue,' & was surprised during a subsequent school-term to find both missing textbooks in the college library.  She may have been studying there when the textbooks disappeared, but it's been too long and I'm not sure.  (After the first term or two, my sim pretty much lived in the library except when she was in class or attending association meetings. Who needs a noisy dorm when someone's built you a cozy apartment in the library basement?)

Message 28 of 29 (476 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [DU] Text books for studying missing after single use

★★ Novice

I’ve purchased 3 course books now (for language and literature) and they’ve never appeared in the bookshelf or inventory, before I’ve even had a chance to read them 

Message 29 of 29 (298 Views)