Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [DU] Text books for studying missing after single use

by SimGuruNick

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [DU] Text books for studying missing after single use

Community Manager (retired)

We've had trouble reproducing this one, if anyone could share a save file where they've seen this happen it'd be much appreciated, thanks for the help!

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 11 of 29 (1,834 Views)

★★★ Guide

My sim's biology book has gone missing twice. Once, immediately as she was closing it, as I think I interrupted the study action to send her somewhere. 

Her bicycle has gone missing twice as well. I was starting to chalk it up to a kleptomaniac room mate, but he wasn't nearby when these things happened the second time. 

Somebody else's homework is stuck on the floor of her bedroom as well. 

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtgKev42qCQEmAgXl1QXX2Ik8VPb?e=barneE

Message 12 of 29 (1,809 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have the same issue...purchasing the uni book and not being able to find it in the list to "read" when I click on the bookshelf, BUT if you click the option to 'open' the bookshelf you will find the copy there. A bit of a pain but at least it isn't disappearing altogether.

Message 13 of 29 (1,785 Views)

★★ Guide

I had this happen recently and was about to start a thread, but then I saw that this one had already been made. I guess I'm not the only one. Anyways, I had a case of Mysterious Disappearing Art History Textbook. When my Sim put it away, it was nowhere to be found in their inventory. It completely vanished!

Message 14 of 29 (1,774 Views)

★★★ Guide

Since my post, using the same save game, I returned to the game only to find my student's missing bicycle just randomly standing in the middle of the walkway along the quad. The books also showed up again. Now with two books and two bicycles in the inventory, I went back to classes.

After an hour, I sold one Biology book. The second book never disappeared again, but it would turn up in the book case. From what I could tell, her room mates will instantly swoop down on the book and whisk it away to the nearest bookcase like squirrels hiding nuts. To be clear, when the books first disappeared, it was not in inventory, on any surface of the house I could see, or in the book case.  

It would be best if when a sim is directed to read a book out of inventory, it gets returned to inventory, not the book case, or a random desk. I had a similar problem with her autonomously taking out her $4k laptop, playing with it for 30 seconds, then remembering a class or soccer game, and running off, leaving it on a random picnic bench. 

The bikes are weirder - the second bicycle disappeared, and then after I got it back, the first disappeared again. That one came back a day or so later - they just turn up parked on the sidewalk in the quad. Then towards the end of one term, both her bicycles disappeared at once. Both turned up outside her last Bio class on the sidewalk. Each time I direct the sim to put them back in inventory, but they don't seem to stay long. 

Message 15 of 29 (1,751 Views)

★ Apprentice

I'm experiencing the same problem with my biology book I just purchased from the bookshelf. Only it never appeared on the bookshelf at all, and i checked other places it could be and it's no where to be found. When I went to purchase another one it said I owned 1 already. It must be an issue with the bookshelf if you're having luck with buying it through the computer and it works until you put it away on shelf.

Message 16 of 29 (1,688 Views)

★ Apprentice

I wanted to add to my comment before because I have been able to confirm that for my experience the textbook only completely disappears when I put the book away at the bookshelf. Also, if you buy the book from the bookshelf it will never appear on the bookshelf but if you buy it through the computer and make sure to keep it in your inventory after each use then it won't disappear. It's still pretty annoying though because I have to try to stop my sim from putting it away.. Honestly I'm experiencing a lot of issues with university (xb1 console edition) like paying for 10+ guest lectures to attempt to attend one but yet my college student sim refusing to go no matter what I try. Sims 4 has seemed pretty unplayable since I've bought extra packs.

Message 17 of 29 (1,669 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Marked as Solution for Visibility Purposes Only

We're still looking for save files that reproduce this issue on the latest version of the game, you can DM me the link, thanks for the help!

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 18 of 29 (6,568 Views)

★ Novice

I've had this same issue just now. Bought 4 textbooks at the dorm and they didn't appear. Searched every shelf. Then evicted my Sim, moved them to residential lot and purchased again from that bookshelf and they didn't appear. Purchasing regular books and skill books worked fine, but university textbooks don't appear. Charged Simoleans every time too!

Message 19 of 29 (1,531 Views)

Hero
@GardenFriend Did you send your save to QA as asked above by Nick ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 20 of 29 (1,501 Views)