Original Post

Accepted Solution

[NEEDS SAVES] [DU] Text books for studying missing after single use

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Buying a Uni degree book,
What happens when the bug occurs? Unable to find in either inventory or Bookshelf inventory
What do you expect to see? That it either appears in my sims inventory or the bookshelf to read it again
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

After purchaisng a book for my sim on a degree, The Communications book and my sim reads it then closes it to do something else then its just poof not existant?
I have tired the following

Repair tool

Uninstall and reinstall.

and it has occured every time so far

Message 1 of 29 (6,745 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [DU] Text books for studying missing after single use

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Marked as Solution for Visibility Purposes Only

We're still looking for save files that reproduce this issue on the latest version of the game, you can DM me the link, thanks for the help!

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 18 of 29 (6,501 Views)

All Replies

Re: The communications book for the sims university missing after single use

Hero
@Reveena did you check if it's lying around somewhere ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 29 (6,722 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@crinrict No, i checked everywhere, each time it was watching my sim placed it into a bookshelf then it vanished. I have checked the bookshelf multiple of times
Message 3 of 29 (6,714 Views)

Hero
@Reveena Test this with the biology book and it appears in the bookself for me.

Does it matter what book you buy ? Did the Sim finish reading on her own or was it canceled ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 29 (6,704 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@crinrict so far ive only tired with the communications book, ive tired with both ways, hence why i did the repair tool and uninstalled and reinstalled
Message 5 of 29 (6,686 Views)

Sims losing textbooks

★★ Apprentice

My current Sim has lost several textbooks along the way. First one just glitched and fell thru the "floor" outside of a rabbit-hole building to be forever gone (why my sim put it down is beyond me). I purchased another text book, used it to study before class. After class it was no longer in my inventory. This happened several times over the course of the term week. The next term started and I was studying a bit in the student union waiting for class. Just before class, I tell sim to stop studying so she gets up,walks to the book shelves and puts the textbook in there. Out of curiosity, I open the shelves and discover all 4 of the textbooks I had purchased. I find this behavior odd since she attends school from home and never went there during the first term.

The textbooks should be flagged similarly as the various 'Homeworks' where they are placed back in the Sims inventory when done.

I think this is more of an annoyance than a bug. But if it is indeed a bug, I'll submit a ticket.

Message 6 of 29 (6,682 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Sims losing textbooks

Hero
@DMCain It sounds very similar to this report. So I merged your post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 29 (6,661 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Text books for studying missing after single use

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I have had this exact issue multiple times with they Physics textbook. I have used the money cheat to add 700 simoleons and re-purchase it, but if I didn't do this I would be out of luck. Hoping this gets fixed soon. I'm not sure if another student is stealing them or if it really is just glitching out.

If it's another sim, maybe we could make them unable to use another sim's book (the way I am unable to put someone else's property in my sim's inventory)

It's worth mentioning that my sim has not always autonomously put it away in the bookshelf. If he doesn't put it in the bookshelf it disappears every time.

(Posts merged by CM)

Message 8 of 29 (6,606 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Text books for studying missing after single use

★ Guide

I can tell you it is not other sims stealing your books. My sim lives off campus without roommates, so there is no one to steal the book.

When I purchase the textbook via the bookshelf it never shows up, and my 700 simoleons are just gone. When I purchase the text book through the computer option it appears in the sims personal inventory. They can use it as long as they do not put it away. When the sims leave it on the table they can still use it and it does not dissapear. Also when they put it in their personal inventory it does not dissapear. It only dissapears when they put it in the bookcase. So this seems to be a problem with the bookcase. 

In case the type of text book matters, I used the computer science and physics books.

It is a very annoying bug because the text books are so expensive. 

Message 9 of 29 (6,573 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [DU] Text books for studying missing after single use

★★★★ Novice

My Sims don't even get to use their textbooks. I purchased some at the bookshelf because my sim start mysteriously failing all her classes in spite of completing all homework assignments and projects (this is apparently a thing) and they never turned up at all. If I go into the purchase menu I can see that I own copies but they're not on the bookshelf, not in anyone's inventory or anywhere around the house. I purchased and immediately looked for them, no one would have even had a chance to move them. I'm kind of regretting buying the University expansion.

Message 10 of 29 (6,357 Views)