by Wahsebinehsi

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [SV] Career Outfit Not In CAS

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything up to date
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a Sim reach the top level of a career and be a Spellcaster. *In my case Military Career and became a Spellcaster in game.
What happens when the bug occurs? The level ten Military career / Covert Branch Sim In Black is not found in CAS
What do you expect to see? All earned career outfits to be available in CAS.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Brooks reached top of Military / Officer Branch and quit the career. He got a Psychology degree and went directly into Covert Branch and worked up to level 10 at Sim In Black. For whatever reason (do not recall) I decided to make him a Spellcaster. Both Spellcaster aspirations were completed and I was ready to move on to something different. BUT before quitting the Military I wanted to add the career outfits to his wardrobe. (Officer outfits were already added before switching to Covert Ops branch.) The "Sim In Black" outfit cannot be found.
*Note: The Officer branch career outfits are available but not for Covert branch.

Potential contributing factors:
Being in a career (Military) and becoming a Spellcaster.
Quitting Military career at top of officer branch and rejoining military career in covert branch.

What I see with my military Covert Ops Sim while a Spellcaster and after quitting being a Spellcaster.

MIB 2 Spellcaster 052020.PNG

What I should see (this is from another "Sim In Black" Sim of mine on the gallery.

MIB 1.PNG

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 11 of 41 (1,980 Views)

Re: Career Outfit Not In CAS

Hero
@EuphorialQueen What happens if you remove the spellcaster for testing purposes ? Do you then have the outfit ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 41 (1,933 Views)

Re: Career Outfit Not In CAS

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@crinrict 

He is the only Sim in the household. I did have him go back to Magic Realm and had him quit being a Spellcaster.  Once that was done I tried again and that outfit was not there. 

I took extra steps by deleting caches and ran repair to no avail.

I got the second shot by adding one if my Sims from the gallery who also was a Sim in Black. That made to item available since I had saved the other Sim in his "uniform".

Edit: 28May2020
Saved this Sim to my library and put him in a brand new save.
The Sim in Black uniform is still not available for this Sim.
Had him quit the career and join the Freelance Fishing career.
The career outfit and hat are not unlocked.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
Message 13 of 41 (1,908 Views)

Re: University degree does not unlock lower career levels

Champion (Retired)

Added my "Me too"
StrangerVille Military career.
Advanced to top of Officer branch.
Got Psychology degree and quit the military.
Rejoined directly into Covert Ops branch.
Worked up to top Sims In Black level but the career outfit for that level is not available for this Sim.

EQ Avid Sims Player
Message 14 of 41 (1,865 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [DU] Switching Career Branch: Rewards Not Unlocking

★★★★ Guide
@Wahsebinehsi I have noticed when I did the detective career for my sim that started at level 4 before DU she was missing the lower level rewards. However, she got the rewards for the lower levels after level 10. Every level above the max level will give you a raise and a missing reward object. The higher rewards in some careers and professions is special traits that are incompatible with the opposite trait so the only way to go to the other side of the career is to get fired.
Message 15 of 41 (1,805 Views)

★ Novice
@Wahsebinehsi I'm having the same issue. Finished Chef career path and got the appropriate rewards. Started at the degree based higher level in the mixology career path, reached the highest level and did NOT get the reward--neither the $4K bonus nor the long bar I was seeking. Thanks for reporting!
Message 16 of 41 (1,720 Views)

Level 10 astronaut career Space Ranger- spaceship not received or unlocked

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Not sure
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All the main expansion apart from Eco life, all of the game packs apart from outdoors and spa day, and stuff packs: kitchen stuff, spooky stuff, movie stuff, vintage stuff, bowling and laundry stuff pack.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? On astronaut career lever 10 Space Ranger Branch
What happens when the bug occurs? Can’t get the final item the space ship and it won’t unlock.
What do you expect to see? A way how to fix this
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have done the the Interstellar Smuggler and got my space ship, but now that we can get university degree I also am able to do the second career path Space Ranger and I reached level 10, but did not receive space ship and it did not unlock. Please help! 

Message 17 of 41 (1,676 Views)

Re: Level 10 astronaut career Space Ranger- spaceship not received or unlocked

Hero
@dragonfllygamer This is a general issue with all careers if you use Uni to switch.

I've merged your post with the current bug report on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 18 of 41 (1,655 Views)

Re: Level 10 astronaut career Space Ranger- spaceship not received or unlocked

★★★ Novice

Thank you for your help! 

Message 19 of 41 (1,612 Views)

★★ Pro

I'm on the same boat like this..

13.jpg

12.jpg

Message 20 of 41 (1,548 Views)