by MaPoblet

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Communication Degree, Business: Rewards Not Unlocking

★★ Apprentice

Still an issue, including with new careers

Message 31 of 41 (1,409 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Crazy to think this has been around for almost 3 years now and no fix has been provided.

Same happens to my sims, if I changed branch at the carrer with the uni degree I won't unlock any reward, but also now I notice that some part jobs rewards are with this bug as well.

I unlocked the reward for the lifeguards part job as it should, but at the driver part job they reach the promotion and the object reward still unlocked. I do not use and has never had mods, so I'm sure this is also not problem.

At this point, I think the reward system has an internal bug not only related to the degree/previous job branch/jumping promotion event, since the part jobs should not be influenced by any of those, this bug must be related to something else.

Since 2019, #stillnofix for career rewards, so sad to have my favorite game progress stuck due to this bug. After all this time I'm not even sure this will ever be fixed.

Message 32 of 41 (1,288 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Bumping this thread since, as per MaPoblet's report, there are career rewards bugs unrelated to degrees as well.

For those of us who are completionists and want to unlock everything in a household, this is a huge issue.

Message 33 of 41 (1,204 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Staff

Marked as Solution for Visibility. This is still an open issue.

Hello

If anyone of you are still encountering this (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions are here to share the file with us: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 34 of 41 (3,085 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [DU] Switching Career Branch: Rewards Not Unlocking

★ Guide
@Wahsebinehsi Yeah, just discovered this problem myself--my sim got a degree in culinary arts as well as a mixology certificate, reached the top in both careers, but only got the rewards for the branch he did first. This is very frustrating to me, as I was excited to use the university degree system to make a super sim who had reached to top of ALL careers and unlocked ALL rewards, but if this is still a bug years later that really puts a damper on my enthusiasm, and basically ruins a challenge I was having a lot of fun playing.
Message 35 of 41 (983 Views)

★ Novice

Suffered the same problem on latest update too

Message 36 of 41 (906 Views)

★★ Novice

This is happening to me too. My sim got a Distinguished Degree in Drama and then after graduation, went to get a job, and the benefits for the Actor/Actress career did not show up. They did for other careers, but not acting. I can send in my save file if someone lets me know how; I don’t use any mods or cc. Thanks!

Message 37 of 41 (859 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@katelyn_y The link with the instructions is in post #34
Message 38 of 41 (846 Views)

@SimGuruRitzy Will send you a message with game file
Message 39 of 41 (636 Views)

Unable to receive the career reward of another branch

★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Steam-PC
Which language are you playing the game in? 中文(繁體)
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.89.214.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions packs, many game packs, little stuff packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Join Astronaut career and choose Space Ranger Branch 2. Reach Space Ranger level 10 and change to other career 3. Wait until someone call you for a career invitation to receive Astronaut career at level 5 or 6 or 7. Not sure if it is triggered by a frame perk or trait. 4. Continue working, get promoted and choose Interstellar Smuggler Branch 5. Reach Interstellar Smuggler level 10 and check all career reward. All rewards from this branch are missing and items are not unlocked.
What happens when the bug occurs? Unable to get the career reward of another branch
What do you expect to see? Get the career reward of another branch?
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Trying to get the career reward of another branch with the career invitation phone call resetting career level. I got a save that have unlocked all items for "Space Ranger Branch" branch and became "Interstellar Smuggler" level 10 of another branch. But now I changed my career to something else. Please let me know if save file is needed.

Message 40 of 41 (600 Views)