Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Study Soccer Strategies sometimes not coming up on comput

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[NEEDS SAVES] [DU] Study Soccer Strategies sometimes not coming up on computer

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Be a Bench Warmer as a Soccer Team Player Football and try to click on any computer under Web to try to find Study Soccer Strategy.
What happens when the bug occurs? The Study Soccer Strategies isn’t found on any computer at my sim’s house randomly.
What do you expect to see? To be able to have the study Soccer Strategies appear 100% of the time from any computer my sim owns at home.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I got the expansion just two days ago so it’s new to me and my game is recently patched before I installed and I even checked afterwards. I looked all over online and it says it’s supposed to appear under Web but it’s not anywhere in there. But when I go to the library in Britechester I can find it under Web there (see pic). Is this how it’s supposed to be? Cuz if so that seems a bit off to me, why wouldn’t a sim living at home be able to study at their own home? I couldn’t get a picture of when it went missing cuz when she went back home it was mysteriously back on her computer. It seems like it’s buggy according to other people on other sites I visit. 

Message 1 of 19 (36,279 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Study Soccer Strategies sometimes not coming up on comput

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Marked as Solution for Visibility Purposes Only

Can anyone possibly share a save file where this issue has been encountered? It sounds like the issue fixes itself on a load, so we probably wouldn't be able to reproduce directly from the save, but it'd still be helpful for investigating. You can DM me a link to the save. Thanks for the help!

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 13 of 19 (34,197 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

Hero
@SweetVeggieAmai Do you see any pattern when it disappears ? Did you try several computers ? Laptops or normal ones ?

Could you please enter your game version ?

Here's instructions: https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2018/07/how-to-find-your-game-version-number/
and here's reason why: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/PLEASE-READ-Break-Aug-19th-Aug-25th/m-p/7228122#M101403

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 19 (36,130 Views)

★ Guide

Tried mostly laptops. The new one that came with uni and the cheap one that came with Strangerville. I left the lot to go to the library and then I saw it come up on the ones there (which is the cheap desktop one). And then I came back to the house and the option was back. It might just be randomly happening but I will check to see if it correlates to anything. 

Message 3 of 19 (36,089 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I am having the same issue. I am wondering if it is because I have too many skills already (unlocking too many other options).

Additionally, I have Sim Scuffle research available though I am not on the e-sports team.

Edited: @amaixyasai Quick update. You can Discuss Soccer Strategies in the Friendly options of a teammate. You can invite them to hang out from the Work tab of the Relationships UI.

(Posts merged by CM)

Message 4 of 19 (35,997 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@SweetVeggieAmai got the same issue, have U try e-sport team beffore soccer team ?
Message 5 of 19 (35,927 Views)

Hero
@OogarHeroics Probably best if you made a new thread for that Sim Scuffle issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 19 (35,898 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict I think @OogarHeroics say that because Sim Scuffle maybe "over write" the "Study soccer strategy on the computer. I may have found a solution, leave the job and go back to it right after, seem work on my game.
Message 7 of 19 (35,876 Views)

★ Guide
@Haka1978 I never joined the esports team. But oddly enough that option is there for any sim of mine despite them not being on any team.
Message 8 of 19 (35,829 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@SweetVeggieAmai Have U try to leave and rejoin the soccer team ?
Message 9 of 19 (35,806 Views)

Hero
@SweetVeggieAmai @Haka1978 Could either of you please make a separate thread for the scuffle ?

Even if they are related it's best to have separate threads.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 19 (35,787 Views)