Original Post

Accepted Solution

[NEEDS SAVES] [DU] Students being used for NPC jobs and un-enrolled

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? The latest one (sorry don't know the actual number and can't go into game on this pc)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to a venue that would cause a spawn of NPC's
What happens when the bug occurs? NPC students are being used to fill jobs such as massage therapists, bartenders etc, which effectively takes them out of uni and they aren't students anymore. Not sure if it's a bug or a design choice but it's frustrating as heck when you create all the student NPC's
What do you expect to see? Students would stay students and they would spawn new sims for NPC jobs
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Pretty much everything I said above explaining what happens.

Message 1 of 6 (1,325 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Students being used for NPC jobs and un-enrolled

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Marked as Solution for Visibility Purposes Only

Does anyone have a save file of where they've seen this issue occurring? You can DM me the link, thanks for the help!

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 6 of 6 (1,101 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Hi @pdent 

Here's instructions: https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2018/07/how-to-find-your-game-version-number/

Would be great if you could edit it in. It's important info.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (1,250 Views)

★★ Pro

I've seen this too. Cameron Fletcher, a premade student that shipped with DU was drafted in my game to work as a waiter in one of my restaurants. I checked his job information with Show Sim Info and it still showed him enrolled as a university student at Foxbury.

I'm guessing the waiter is a "role" and not an actual job in this case? I haven't tried playing his household yet, since I'm still trying to finish up school with my existing Sim.

Message 3 of 6 (1,233 Views)

Champion

@manzana0807, I have played Cameron Fletcher and he has no job at all! Raised eyebrow So he must have just been randomly pulled to fill the role of waiter. Disappointed

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 4 of 6 (1,195 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Pro

I was guessing the game doesn't see him being enrolled in university as a job, really, and so pulled him to fill the role. I still need to load his household up soon and see if that kicked him out of enrollment or not.

Message 5 of 6 (1,183 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Marked as Solution for Visibility Purposes Only

Does anyone have a save file of where they've seen this issue occurring? You can DM me the link, thanks for the help!

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 6 of 6 (1,102 Views)