[OPEN] [DU] Society tasks not completing

by goldenrosegames

Original Post

Re: Sims not gaining progress for uni life organizations

Hero
@sublime103 I merged this with the existing thread. Don't think it's different from what's happening here.

QA is looking for saves so if you could provide yours, that would be great (see solution post for instructions.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 31 of 57 (1,711 Views)

Re: Sims not gaining progress for uni life organizations

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@crinrictI will have to add mine to the list, my save is huge and confusing I like playing with lots of sims using rotational play. I am just wondering if the club members are actually spawning.

Edit: I can't leave the art society organization, which I thought would help get the clubs to clear again, but nope.  the other one I can leave.

Message 32 of 57 (1,540 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [DU] Society tasks not completing

★ Apprentice

I played my uni save today too and realized I have the same problem. I removed all my mods and cc, anything that goes to the mods folder. Still the tasks don't get completed. I tried more than once to do the missions of "tp the rival statue", or "hang school banners for rival sport arena." but even if my sim did those, the game won't mark them done/completed.
My game version is 1.67.45.1020

I own every single sims game except Batuu.

It was autumn and raining heavily. 

Message 33 of 57 (1,507 Views)

Hero
@Kittrixsims Could you send your save to Nick as per this post: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-DU-Society-tasks-not-completing/m-p/8692648#M12204...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 34 of 57 (1,503 Views)

Re: Offerings in secret society don't work (no progress)

★ Novice

Hello,

I'm still having this issue even after the update on 11/10. I am trying to complete the task "Attend Class while Focused" for The Brainiacs society. I've added the link to my save file and attached a screenshot.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IWx8yTjAKCUbVgncHFMScYczzTbiESrU/view?usp=sharing

Message 35 of 57 (1,451 Views)

Re: Offerings in secret society don't work (no progress)

★★ Novice

Do you still want save files? I have had ongoing issues with the Brainiacs organization.

Brainiacs club Level 1, the “Study for 2 hours” task does not complete (since release).

Message 36 of 57 (1,398 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict I'm having the same issue on PC as everyone above. Do you still want save files?
Message 37 of 57 (1,347 Views)

Hero
@FlyTransGuy Can't hurt to send them to Nick. Not sure if they still need any.

Please follow instructions here and PM Nick: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-DU-Society-tasks-not-completing/m-p/8692648#M12204...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 38 of 57 (1,325 Views)

★ Novice

Same here.  It's as though the game is looking for a simple "paint a painting" but is being confused by the select a size versions? This repeated for Pop Art and Classical but worked for Figure Painting objectives as they cycled through. The problem started at New Member for me right at the very end of the bar.  Socializations and such ranked up still but those paintings are so much more effective.

(Unrelated complaint: doing homework is a task for the Brainiacs but it takes longer than the entire session to complete it.  Add in any conversation and there's no chance at all.  (Skill 4 Research and Debate))

Message 39 of 57 (1,292 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I started having this same problem on MacOS today.

The tasks worked fine up until I switched to playing another family for about one sim week (which made my university sim complete his term in the background). When I went back, it was Friday, it asked if I wanted to sign up for a new term, and ever since then the organization tasks do not complete, nor do they refresh like they're supposed to.

Message 40 of 57 (1,257 Views)