Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [DU] Society tasks not completing

by SimTresa

Original Post

Offerings in secret society don't work (no progress)

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Nederlands
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? With University I signed my sim up for the secret society. She is a new member and has to complete tasks to progress. With robotics this works fine, and I can see the boxes ticked off, turn to gold and see the progress bar go up. But not with this club.. I can make offerings and tend the garden. But they don't give moodlets or help with the progress to become a higner ranked member. It does not work while there is a get together of the secret society either.
What happens when the bug occurs? I make my sim do an offering (tried all kinds of different qualities of crystal and metal) and tend to the garden but my progress bar for membership does nothing.
What do you expect to see? I offer a crystal or a metal or I tend the garden and my progress bar in the secret society club should go up and my "tasks" (the offering and tending) should complete.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

With University I signed my sim up for the secret society. She is a new member and has to complete tasks to progress. With robotics this works fine, and I can see the boxes ticked off, turn to gold and see the progress bar go up. But not with this club.. I can make offerings and tend the garden. But they don't give moodlets or help with the progress to become a higner ranked member. It does not work while there is a get together of the secret society either. I make my sim do an offering (tried all kinds of different qualities of crystal and metal) and tend to the garden but my progress bar for membership does nothing. 

Message 11 of 57 (1,933 Views)

Re: Offerings in secret society don't work (no progress)

Hero
@Lavendela91 merged this with existing thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 57 (1,919 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Hi there - Is there a resolution to this issue yet? I have the same problem. It happened with the secret society (while at Seasoned Member level) - tasks will not complete. Also (same Sim) with Brianiacs, where my is stuck as a new member as the game will not recognize any tasks completed.  My game is most recent updated version. No CC or mods. Have restarted, cache dump, etc. I think this is a bug in the game and hope it gets fixed soon!

Message 13 of 57 (1,856 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

We've had trouble reproducing this issue, could anyone possibly share a save file with me? Thanks for the help!

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 14 of 57 (8,719 Views)

★★★★ Guide

When I did the Art Society social event I was able to complete all the requirement I was able to get up too before I graduated.  I didn't get to the top level though.  I used the esseal that came with the figure painting to complete all painting goals.

Message 15 of 57 (1,823 Views)

[PS4] [DU] Spirit Squad and Bot Savant tasks not completing

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.22.93.3400 (64 Bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? EXPANSION: Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Island Living, Discover University GAME: Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Realm of Magic STUFF: Moschino, Bowling Night, Vintage Glamour, Kids Room, Romantic Garden, Movie Hangout, Spooky, Cool Kitchen, Perfect Patio, Luxury Party, Laundry Day, Backyard, Tiny Living, Toddler, Fitness FREE: Holiday Celebration, Ghoulish Guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to complete a task for Spirit Squad or Bot Savants. My sim is a mermaid who is a seasoned member of both organizations, is on her 4th and final term at Foxbury, and lives in Maritime Manor (altered with bb.enablefreebuild).
What happens when the bug occurs? When a Spirit Squad Or Bot Savant task is completed it does not get marked as complete
What do you expect to see? I expect tasks to mark complete when my sim completes them
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I recently installed 1.22.93.3400 (64 bit) and the  Tiny Living, Toddler, and Fitness stuff packs.

Message 16 of 57 (1,635 Views)

★ Guide

I'm having the same problem with the Brainiacs tasks not completing. Sometimes it'll complete all three, sometimes only one, sometimes none. Oddly enough, a sim in another save had no trouble with the Research and Debate  organization. Only thing I couldn't do there was the  debate showdown, which didn't  affect his progress bar.  

Message 17 of 57 (1,781 Views)

Hero
@SimTresa Could you send your save to Nick as asked above ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 18 of 57 (1,758 Views)

★ Guide

@crinrict wrote:
@SimTresaCould you send your save to Nick as asked above ?

Sure, I'll put it here since I don't have twitter.  I'm playing  Peters at  Foxbury, in the  towers.  

I tried the workaround from page one, which seemed to be working until I traveled with my sim, at which point the completed task just disappeared.

First time sharing through  Goolge Drive, so I hope this works.  

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1wZvHQqkEu0iX-I3uHuhQi_6Nco7830Cd

Message 19 of 57 (1,741 Views)

Hero
@SimTresa Thanks. I'll forward

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 20 of 57 (1,739 Views)