Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [DU] Society tasks not completing

by siirysiir

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@groenroos  Yeah now that you said that, I realise that I've had this trigger when switching between households too.

Message 41 of 57 (1,480 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@siirysiir I have this problem and I also switched households just before it occured.
Message 42 of 57 (1,409 Views)

Re: Offerings in secret society don't work (no progress)

★★★ Novice

I am also still having the same issue with the Brainiacs Lvl 1 task "study for 2 hours". I could make my sim study for the whole day and it still won't mark it as completed. All the other tasks work just fine and I have never had problems like this in the other organizations or with any other tasks.

I have no mods or cc and I have the latest update.

Do you still need save files for this? I could happily share mine with you.

Message 43 of 57 (1,353 Views)

Re: Offerings in secret society don't work (no progress)

★★★★ Novice

I'm also having this issue after switching households.

If a sim is a member of an organisaton and had completed a term in the background... when I resume active play their organisation tasks neither complete nor reset (on Tuesday, Thursday or Sunday morning).

Message 44 of 57 (1,329 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Not sure
What is your current game version number? 1.78.58.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? ALL packs & kits BUT: EP: Island Living GP: Realm of Magic / Strangerville / Vampires SP: MFPS / Paranormal Kits: Courtyard Oasis / Industrial Loft
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure (I don't think I have experienced the bug before)

I had 3 sims in the Debate club (Britechester), 2/3 started to have this bug (everyone in the Seasoned member Level). As someone mentioned in the thread, a possible workaround:
1. Leave the organization (both doing this on the Home lot / at Ubrite commons did work)
2. Travel to organizations event and Join the Organization

This did work in my game (both sims). They kept their Seasoned level but lost their current progress (empty progress 
bar)

Message 45 of 57 (1,312 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It's 2022 and I'm having this problem having just started playing this week. I see this thread is from 2019, the issue hasn't been fixed and there's no solution. This is very frustrating. 

The problem first occurred for me when I joined the secret society with one sim. Then with the next, I couldn't progress with debate club after making an offering to join the SS. My sim doesn't need sleep so, I force her to bed but not sure if SS will ever show up.

Message 46 of 57 (1,209 Views)

★★★ Guide

I’m also having this problem, none of my sims can complete any task in any university organization no matter how many times they do it, I do play on rotation however which may be the problem. It seems like you can’t switch between households once you start university which makes no sense since many if not most players play on rotation, I have three families and I want their kids to go to school together but this glitch and the one that causes sims to lose all their academic progress are making it difficult 

Message 47 of 57 (911 Views)

★★★ Newbie

For me apparently this does not work. I've tried leaving while at an event or at home. But I there is no completing "study for 2 hours" in the brainiacs society after i rejoin the society. Also I lose all progress. I will try to upload a save file but it seems that this issue is now going on for 4 years...

Message 48 of 57 (862 Views)

EA Sims Team

Under investigation. Accepting as solution for visibility purposes only.

Hello.

We no longer need saves for this issue.  The team will investigate this.

Thanks to all that provided saves and information.

Message 49 of 57 (3,164 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi there, any updates if there a fix for this? I am now experiencing the same issue because I created a new university household in Britechester. My two university households never progress in their Society because tasks cannot be completed.

Message 50 of 57 (709 Views)