Original Post

Accepted Solution

[NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Society Tasks Reset Upon Traveling

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Realm of Magic, Vampires, Dine Out, Parenthood, Spa Day, Moschino Stuff, Laundry Day, Toddler Stuff, Bowling Night, Movie Hangout, Backyard Stuff, Vintage Glamour, Luxury Party, Outdoor Retreat, Spooky Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Holiday Celebration,
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to University and join a society in either school
What happens when the bug occurs? Similar to the acting prep tasks resetting upon travelling anywhere, the society tasks also reset upon travelling off the lot. Even having just one task completed, as soon as any Sim (not just the Sim who is in the society) travels off the lot in any way that causes a loading screen, the tasks are reset to not completed.
What do you expect to see? That society tasks remain completed when you reach your destination.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This issue occurred after I updated the game with the 12/12/19 patch.

This bug began after the 12/12/19 patch. Like I said above when you complete a Discover University society task(s) and then travel off the lot, the task(s) is reset to not completed. It's very similar to the other known bug of the actor prep tasks resetting when you travel.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 9 (1,572 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Society Tasks Reset Upon Traveling

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Marked as Solution for Visibility Purposes Only

Could anyone experiencing this issue possibly share a save file with me where you've seen it occur? You can DM me a link to the save, thanks for the help!

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 8 of 9 (1,131 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Novice
@vadish3825 So....are we waiting a solving?)
Message 2 of 9 (1,386 Views)

★★★ Guide

@Mad_man_Russian Yes, but to be honest I've never created a thread before, I've always just replied to other people's threads. Do you know if I have to do anything else after I create it? Because I have no idea what "Needs Input" means lol

Message 3 of 9 (1,362 Views)

Hero
@vadish3825 No, you don't need to do anything else

Explanations on the tags here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-does-this-forum-work/td-p/7368632/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 9 (1,355 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@vadish3825 as i see, everything great))
please if this problem will be solve, can you text me?
and maybe you know? in university pack is everything ok? no sights of bugs?
Message 5 of 9 (1,352 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@crinrict so how long we should wait a resolve?
Message 6 of 9 (1,337 Views)

Hero
@Mad_man_Russian I don't know when something will be fixed. EA doesn't usually give ETA's on fixes.

Best is to subscribe to this thread so you'll get a message when this thread gets new messages. This way you'll know when it gets fixed

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 9 (1,335 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Marked as Solution for Visibility Purposes Only

Could anyone experiencing this issue possibly share a save file with me where you've seen it occur? You can DM me a link to the save, thanks for the help!

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 8 of 9 (1,132 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [DU] Society Tasks Reset Upon Traveling

★★★ Guide

So for some reason this is no longer a problem for me, I just tested it on a couple of different households. I was only seeing it on Sims who were living on campus and were in societies, but I'm no longer seeing that. I guess this can be closed down, unless others are still seeing it? Sorry about how long it took me to respond on here, with everything going on with COVID-19 it's been a bit of a mess Confused

Message 9 of 9 (963 Views)