Re: Sims riding their bikes through building interiors.

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[BY DESIGN] [DU] [GRO] Sims riding their bikes through building interiors

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 4
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion, game and stuff packs are installed.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Through Discover University and Eco Lifestyle.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims will ride their bikes right through houses, bars and businesses, rather than parking them outside. This only happens about 70% of the time. (Other times, they do park outside and place the bike in their inventory.) Sometimes the sim will even remove the bike from their inventory, place it in the middle of an interior, and bike away and out through any doors leading to outside. There is also a selection to 'bike here' to a spot indoors.
What do you expect to see? I'd just like to see sims parking outside, or anything to stop them from riding their bike through a building, I'd also prefer that sims can't equip their bikes indoors.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

As shown: the 'bike here' option and a sim riding their bike through a bar.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz1.png

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz2.png

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 27 (3,908 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: cycling from the inside out

Community Manager

Hey all,

This thread has been closed as the issue it was reporting was decided to be functioning as designed by The Sims team.

If you feel this was in error, please create a new thread here with as much information as you can provide.

Thanks!

EACade

View in thread

Message 27 of 27 (984 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Hemisphaerica Could you please enter your game version ?

Here's instructions how to find it (pic not uptodate but it's still on the main menu): https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-does-this-forum-work/m-p/8775353#M124496

This this bug is supposed to be fixed, I'd like to verify you're on the latest patch.

The part that bike here appears indoors is not a bug. It's your choice whether you want to bike indoors. They should however not do so on their own,

Please also test on a game with no mods.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 27 (3,864 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'll check my latest game version and update it. And that makes more sense now, thank you!

Message 3 of 27 (3,836 Views)

Hero
@Hemisphaerica Did you get a chance to verify your game version to see if the bug still happens ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 27 (3,798 Views)

★★★★ Pro

This bug is indeed not fixed. My Sims ride through the dormitory all the time.

Message 5 of 27 (3,777 Views)

Hero
@alanmichael1 Just the dormitory or other houses as well ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 27 (3,759 Views)

cycling from the inside out

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in?  Dutch
How often does the bug occur? all the time

What is your current game version number? 178581030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed?

EP: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,10,11

FP: 1

GP: 1,2,3,6,8

SP:  5,8,10,13,14,15,18,22
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? ?
What happens when the bug occurs? gets on the bike inside the house and cycles outside

What do you expect to see? walk outside and only then get on the bike

Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Appears after the latest patch

Message 7 of 27 (3,662 Views)

Hero
@RonaHelvrich To be sure I understand correctly what you mean: You have Sims using the bike inside the house if you tell them to use the bike outside and then they drive outside or do they use it on their own ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 27 (3,616 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Hi @crinrict
When I indicate outside to go somewhere, my sim gets on the bike inside and then cycles from inside to outside where she needs to go.

Message 9 of 27 (3,607 Views)

Hero
@RonaHelvrich Merging this with the bug report then

Please click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 27 (3,586 Views)