Re: Please Fix Discover University

by ladylane8

Original Post

Please Fix Discover University

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

EA please please please see this and fix the University Bug where my sims fail no matter what. It's not because of mods, it's not because my sims aren't doing enough because the game used to work and now it doesn't. PLEASE I'm literally on my knees begging you. This has been a problem for years I just want to play my university expansion without having to cheat my grades for once. PLEASEE

Edit By Crinrict: Removed all-caps from title

Message 11 of 20 (726 Views)

EA Staff

Hello All,

If anyone of you are still encountering this (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 12 of 20 (649 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I am also having this problem and it is new -- one sim in particular is failing university classes despite completing all coursework to acceptable/outstanding level. Recently installed Werewolf and High School packs. Not playing with any mods. 

Message 13 of 20 (573 Views)

Sims 4 Discover University PC

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 4
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University Werewolves Eco Living Snowy Escape Desert Luxe,Menswear,Moschino,Blooming Rooms, Incheon, Tiny Living, Nifty Knitting, Holiday Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play students in Britechester. It flunked a whole house-full. It's the dorm that's like a 2 bedroom house.
What happens when the bug occurs? They met all their University requirements, & it gave all of them F's.
What do you expect to see? I expected normal grades, like an A, B or C, because they did their homework, term papers & presentations.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

No picture attached.

Message 14 of 20 (598 Views)

Sim failing at University despite doing all homework and outstanding term

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Xbox Series X
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.66
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I don't have all kits but I have everything else
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try playing university
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim failing classes
What do you expect to see? Sim passing classes
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Only since newest update

Sim failing at University despite doing all homework and outstanding term. One Sim got Cs and Ds going to school from home. My other sim is living on campus and when I asked the professors for my grades they said I was failing every class even though I did every homework and max grade on paper and presentation 

Message 15 of 20 (520 Views)

Re: Sim failing at University despite doing all homework and outstanding term

★★★ Guide

I always pass the 1st Semester with flying colors. But the 2nd semester all F's, despite making the same amount of effort.

Message 16 of 20 (458 Views)

Sim failing university

★★★★ Novice

Sim does all her homework, goes to classes, completes term papers & presentations, studies the material but still gets F's and D's. It's been 3+ years since University was released and this bug STILL hasn't been fixed?  

Message 17 of 20 (428 Views)

Re: Sim failing university

Champion

Do you set her to actively listen or take notes in class? What pop-up do you get after class - does it say she’s confident she got a lot out of it or that she could do better?

Is she studying skills she still has room to improve in? And is she improving?

When you do the presentations and papers, do you refine until they reach excellent quality, or just stop at done (usually poor quality)? Did you make sure to give presentation / submit paper after completing them?

My Sims generally get all As - sometimes an A- or B if they were late to class once or twice - but I know a lot of people have struggled with grades and it does seem there is a bug some people get with the grading system.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 18 of 20 (384 Views)

Re: Sim failing university

Hero
@sarasim16 Merged your post with the bug report on this.

Could you please send your save to EA.
You can find instructions here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/td-p/606...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 19 of 20 (361 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES][DU] Sims fail university with work completed/outstanding (1.80

★★★ Newbie

I thought I was just making my sim work too little T-T

Message 20 of 20 (192 Views)