Re: [OPEN] [DU] Sims fail university despite meeting all criteria

by Taylahhrc

Original Post

Re: Term Paper Not Recognized as Submitted

★★ Guide

I'm not sure how much of it actually has to do with skill improvement. The Sim in question got pretty good grades in classes where they didn't improve on the skill much. However, in the photography elective, where they went from no photography skill at all to level 3, they managed to fail it somehow. Makes no sense.

Message 21 of 147 (5,696 Views)

Re: Sims fail university despite meeting all criteria

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

This is happening for me for classes with a term paper and a presentation. My sim got an A in the class that only had an exam. Her presentation was outstanding, and the professor said she had a solid grade in the term. She got a C in that class. The term paper was excellent, and that professor also said she had a solid grade. She got a D in that class. My sims' skills for those classes were quite high. One was maxed out (the one she got the C in) and the other she was at level 4. She got a D in that class. She did turn in the presentation early. The term paper was submitted slightly later but still before the final date.

(Posts merged by CM)

Message 22 of 147 (5,660 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Sims fail university despite meeting all criteria

★ Pro

You should get at least a C (73-77 pts) if your term/grade is solid (75-95) according to your professor. Did you (by accident) send in a plagiarized term paper?

btw, its possible to pass with honors without any term paper/presentation

Message 23 of 147 (5,623 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Sims fail university despite meeting all criteria

★ Guide

Of course she didn't accidentally cheat lol. She put in the same level of work (and not just the bare minimum) as the previous term when she got all A's. I know EA made things harder, but this is just ridiculous.

Message 24 of 147 (5,600 Views)

Re: Term Paper Not Recognized as Submitted

★★★★★ Novice

Sorry, I did not check that but if it happens again, I will keep my eye out for that. 

Message 25 of 147 (5,583 Views)

★ Guide

Additionally, before the patch, playable sims enrolled in classes but not active would end the term with decent grades. Now I suppose because they didn't go to class because they were not active they now get placed on academic probation. This is probably related to the issue with the term paper and presentations.

Message 26 of 147 (5,559 Views)

Hero

This is not quite the same issue but I do think it is related.

When I started to play DU, I rebuilt Maritine Manor at Foxbury and converted it to residential after I found that I couldn't put a cauldron in since it was a cooking device as the household I was going to assemble was going to be spellcasters at various levels.  I then enrolled my first sim and went back to another household to age up a teen and enrolled her a couple of days later.  Next to another household and aged up the teen and enrolled her and then her twin sister.  The first three went to Maritine Manor and the twin went to Brichester with Julia and Becca.  Then it was a couple of weeks later  ingame to age up a fourth teen.  When I enrolled her and placed her in Maritine Manor I got the notices to enroll the previous 3 again.  When I looked at them, all three had completed the first term and failed both of their courses and were on probation.  They also showed that they had completed two of the twelve credits for graduation even though they had failed.  I had never played any of them at all other then visiting the lot when they were enrolled.  Definitely not right.  So I guessed that the term starts immediately as soon as you enroll.  I then played those four for another term and got them though the term before going on to add sims to that household.  What was really strange is when I looked at the sim I'd thrown in with Julia and Becca, she hadn't even begun her term and both Julia and Becca were at the same place in university as when I added the third sim.  So that leads me to believe that something is off when creating a new household on a uni lot since the sim added to an existing household didn't proceed when those in the new household did when I wasn't playing them.  Since then I've aged up all the sims I want in a household and enrolled them one right after the other going for from household to household in succession to do so.  My point here is that sims should not proceed through a term without playing them even if they have been enrolled.  That appears to have happened with the twin at Brichester but not the first three at Foxbury.  So I really don't know what the game was intended to do there.  

Message 27 of 147 (5,499 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I'm also experiencing the same issue.

While its not to the point of my sim being suspended, its really annoying.

She always turns in her homework, never submits anything other than outstanding quality, yet I STILL get Fails and bad grades, its gotten to the point I don't want to play the pack anymore and if it doesn't get fixed its just a waste of money. She is constantly improving in skills too, so that cant be the problem either.

@Taylahhrc It also happened with one of my previous sims, her one F in a class caused her to get an A- and not graduate with honors, all because she failed that one class that term. >Frown

(Posts Merged by CM)

Message 28 of 147 (5,415 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Lapin_Demoness Im having the same problem. Sim was doing great, all assignments finished, even turned in all the term papers/presentations before the start of the term and professors said she was doing well. Had about 3 days before classes started so I allowed my sim to relax, go out a bit and have fun. A day before classes start, she emails the professors and two say she’s “just passing” and another says she’s one the cusp of failure despite literally a day ago telling her she was top in her class and doing great! I’m trying to wrap my head around it as she worked so hard and somehow is still failing. And it can’t be her skills bc they are maxed out in cooking/baking/gourmet baking and she’s getting a distinguished degree in culinary
Message 29 of 147 (5,367 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I have have no issues until today. My sim has gotten As and Bs through term 1-2 but got Ds in term 3. She has aged up during the term and ordered a one time cleaning service, and since that day there has been two "go to lecture"-actions everytime (appearing at the same time, fpr the same class). Maybe the game doesnt register her attendance...? 

Message 30 of 147 (5,310 Views)