Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [DU] Sim uses bike inside/gets stuck without telling them to

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all except toddler stuff, kids room stuff, and romantic garden stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? send a sim to class using "bike here" when inside a building (especially in a small bedroom like the small downstairs bedroom of maritime manor)
What happens when the bug occurs? i send my want my sim to get to class and use the "bike here" option when inside the dorm or inside one of the university housing "houses". when inside the dorm, often times the bike option drops and gets cancelled or sim forgoes bike option and jogs to class causing them to arrive super late right before class ends. when inside of the university housing houses, the sim take the bike out in their room INSIDE the house and gets stuck in the small room. cant fix unless i have to specifically put the bike in the inventory and have the sim the the bike out when theyre outside the house. also strange that sims are riding their bikes inside buildings and especially at foxbury, they stop using the bike once they reach the stairs and decide to jog the rest of the way, causing them o be late to class.
What do you expect to see? i expect my sim to actually ride their bike all the way to class and get back on the bike after they use stairs or actually reroute and get to class without using the stairs and instead using the ramps. i expect my sim to not be riding their bike inside buildings and taking their bike out of inventory inside a building and getting stuck. they should be walking outside, taking out the bike, and riding their bike to the destination ive set and for the command not to keep dropping and cancelling.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. bugs came with the discover university download.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag 

Message 1 of 22 (7,481 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sim rides bike straight to bed.

Hero

Sims traveling long distances including stairs now properly walk the stairs and then hop their bikes and they don’t leave their bike behind. You can’t just abandon your bicycle - what about the poor bike’s feelings?

Fixed in Patch 1.68.154/ 1.33

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 22 of 22 (5,888 Views)

All Replies

Re: [DU] bike riding issues

Hero
@unagidanielle To be clear on the second part of your post: They take the bike out inside if you use bike here somewhere outside or is that a separate issue from the first ?

From what I've gathered they can use them inside but only if you tell them too. I had mine once use it inside when she went to take a shower.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 22 (7,373 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

so for a more specific example in my sim's queue i have her walk into her room and put her book away in the bookshelf thats in there and then the next activity in the queue is to bike to class. when it comes time to execute the bike to class command, she takes her bike out and gets stuck in the room. Idk if the sim is supposed to be doing that and getting stuck?

oh okay. good to know that my sim is not alone with this strange bike riding inside buildings. thank you!

Message 3 of 22 (7,347 Views)

Hero
@unagidanielle Unless you pick bike here inside the building, they should not be using the bike inside the building.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 22 (7,321 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I've been trying to find some consistency in the bike behaviour, but they act really weird and unpredictable.

What I've found is that if the sim is inside and you tell them to bike to a place outside, they will get on the bike (while still inside) and ride outside. Except in buildings like all the uni buildings where they have to cross stairs, they will only bike until they reach the stairs and then run the rest of the way. They won't get back on the bike once they're outside.

Only when they live on the uni lot (like in the dorms), they won't use the bike to get to class and they won't phase out (like they do when they live anywhere else), so they're always late for the first class of the day. But when they finish one class and their next class is in different building, they will get on the bike to get to the next class. Basically the only way to make sure your sim is always on time for class is to make them not live on campus.

They generally seem to be unable to use the bike when they autonomously go somewhere, like when they go to work or school, but if you manually tell them to go somewhere they will use the bike instead of walking, unless they have to move a very short distance.

It's actually the same issue with the jetskis, except it's not as bad because they can't use it indoors.

Message 5 of 22 (7,313 Views)

★★ Pro

I see this exact behavior in my game too @TheSteelRodent. I've had my Sim jump on her bike indoors twice at community lots when I issued the "Go Home" command, but so far she hasn't used it in her house (she lives off campus in Willow Creek).

Message 6 of 22 (7,302 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Sim uses bike inside/gets stuck without telling them to

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I have this problem most often with my Doctor Sim, upon entering hospital lot and being instructed to walk to the patient she keeps walking on the bike, getting "no access" thought bubble, dismounting and again, until I cancel and order her to walk there manually. I use unmodified hospital lot.

Message 7 of 22 (7,201 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@unagidanielle  I'm calling uncle and removing bikes from the inventory of my sims until there's an adjustment. This seemed minor and amusing at first, but now I'm having blocking issues where sims can't /won't go to bed from blocked beds.

Note: I never tell my sims to 'bike to' somewhere while they're still indoors. Also, all behavior I am noting below is autonomous.

I've given my sims bikes in their personal inventory. I know who's each is because their name is on it. Some of the funky bike stuff going on in my game: 

• I've had sims in the household randomly take out their bike inside, stand there a bit, then put it back in their inventory - all autonomously. 
  • I've had sims pull their bike out of their inventory, mount the bike in place for a short time, get off the bike, and put the bike back in their inventory. 
    ride in house.jpg
  • I've found my sim riding her bike around the house. Caught part of one of the sessions of this shenanigans in this video:  https://answers.ea.com/t5/video/gallerypage/user-id/23037280/video-id/pid2h1aTE6KzzLCwnAmXXcJ5Ka8cj1...

I was rolling with all of that... pretty harmless stuff and quirky-amusing. Now here's the deal breaker to me...

• I'm also having issues with my sims taking out and leaving their bikes randomly in the house. One of the bad scenarios is when they do this in their bedroom and block access to the bed, and then won't go to sleep. Example sim here - I saw this was blocking the bedroom after clicking on the bed to send the couple to sleep - a couple of times before I realized what was going on. Then I told him to put it in his inventory and he just stood there for a bit considering on it. Usually they will put it into their inventory autonomously or when you tell them to. I gave up and dragged it into his inventory and they both went to bed. Teeth bared
    bike-block.jpg

I play on Mac, no Mods or CC, & update immediately.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 8 of 22 (7,169 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

The modder Bienchen has a mod now to stop biking indoors. I haven't had a chance to try it yet, but mentioning it here for those afflicted with this annoying behavior.

I can't link the mod, but Google "Bienchens Mods" or some derivative of that and you'll find the mod located in the Discover University category. Bienchen is a German modder, but the site is in German and English.

Message 9 of 22 (7,146 Views)

★★ Pro

The first time I saw this bug, I called a club activity in my home. Luckily I had a HUGE house that was very opened up. They biked all the way from one side of the house to the other to swarm my audio system. They got off, the bikes disappeared, we danced and had fun. Then when I called the club gathering to an end suddenly the bikes appeared and they biked right on out! I was rolling in my chair laughing. It was so funny. *laughs* I'm like "Excuse me sirs and madams, but this is a house, not a highway. Please park your bikes outside." *giggles*

Message 10 of 22 (7,124 Views)