[OPEN] [DU] Sim stuck at Class - Multiple Sims household at Uni

by skinkeglad

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Sim stuck at Class - Multiple Sims household at Uni

★★★ Newbie

hi, happy to send yo a saved game because I am also having this same issue, but how do I PM you?

Message 21 of 48 (1,606 Views)

Hero
@Churanaduck By clicking on the little arrow next to your user name in the upper right corner, then go to inbox. From there you can choose the tab create new massages to PM people.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 48 (1,592 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

A save file would definitely be helpful for investigating this issue, thanks so much!

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 23 of 48 (1,559 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Swedish
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? University, City living, Get together, Parenthood, Outdoor retreat, Tiny living, Laundry day, Movie hangout

Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Send a Sim to a lecture and she will get stuck in class, even though I can see her return to the dorm after a while.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim will go to her lecture but will officially never leave, the game thinks she's still in class even when I can see her in the dorm. I cannot pick her or control her since she is "in class". Nor can I get her to leave class early.
What do you expect to see? That my sim will leave her class once its over and that I can control her again.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No, vanilla.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? I have had other Sims in other saves attend University but this is the first time one of my sims got stuck in class. I have not done any changes to my system and no recent patches that I'm aware of.

Additional info: For me this issue appeared on wednesday ingame (the save file is on thursday). The save file is two sisters that has just begun University together, they live in the same dorm. One of the sisters, Jenny, was out of class for the day while her sister Judy was in her last class for the day (between 15.00-16.25). I decided to send Jenny to the library lot in the University world and before she even had walked into the actual building I got a notice telling me that Judy had left class early and done poorly in class (she hadn't been in class long at all). Her icon showed that she was still in class and so did the popup text when I hovered my mouse over her picture. That's when Judy got stuck. I cannot tell Judy to leave class or control her otherwise.

I have tried reloading the save and the game, use the resetsim cheat, go into build mode, let Jenny travel to other lots but I couldn't choose Judy to tag along since she is unavailable. I have also tried the "repair game" option in the Origin launcher.

I saw SimGuruNick requesting a save file in this issue so I uploaded mine to onedrive: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlQeAT7mC14hhGIRazo0vagl2L2V?e=aiPgGD

Message 24 of 48 (1,506 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, i was wondering if you could help me as well because I'm struggling with the same thing

Message 25 of 48 (1,281 Views)

Hero
@lolngebs Please send your save to Nick as well.

There's no other solutions than already outlined in this thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 26 of 48 (1,235 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Sims On Active Lot, but Greyed Out On Sim List

★ Novice

Tried to create a new post earlier with no luck, so trying here as this is the closest I can find.

My sim (in a family of now 3 total) has been greyed out in the UI with an icon showing she's attending classes even if she isn't. Trying the option to "leave early" does not work, nor is there when she's anywhere else than at home an option to "go home". Yes, I am able to travel with her and generally play/interact but with some restrictions.

Also: her inventory is inaccessible meaning she cannot complete her homework, nor is she able to order a new school book and complete the homework with that.

I've tried anything except forcing her to drop out or to play with a different household.

I do not own Island Living and some Stuff Packs but otherwise I've got all expansions.

Message 27 of 48 (1,266 Views)

Hero
@Ishtarial Moving this over to the thread on multiple Sims household/stuck at class.

Don't think there's another solution then dropping out unfortunately.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 28 of 48 (1,258 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Not sure, first time playing a 2 sim household in uni (so 100%?)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them

Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? A sim gets "stuck" as being in class while being back at home.
What happens when the bug occurs? I was playing with Angela and Lilith Pleasant, the Maxis sims living in off-campus housing. Angela went to class and while she was in class Lilith traveled to the UBrite Commons lot. Angela's class was supposed to run 9:30 to 10:30. I did not pay attention to her and played controlling only Lilith. When it was time for Lilith to go to class, there was a loading screen and instead of loading in front of the building where she would attend class, Lilith loaded into the Pleasant family home lot, then disappeared and the game informed me that she had gone to class. It was at this time that I noticed that even though I could control Angela and she had a plumbob over her head, the UI said she was not on the lot and I could not access her inventory. She appeared to be controllable in all other ways.
What do you expect to see? I would expect to [1] have Lilith load in front of the building where she attends class and not on the home lot when she is sent to attend class while out at a community lot and [2] have Angela be recognised as being active on the home lot while not in class and to be able to access her inventory.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? I have the Maxis created Team Trick items.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? This appears to be a long-standing issue in the game. This was the first time I had played a sim at university since the release of the pack.

Additional info: I made Angela drop out and this "fixed" the issue, but she is now not enrolled in class, which is an issue in itself since this was not how this was supposed to play out.

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 29 of 48 (1,196 Views)

Sims who are at school (portrait greyed out) but are not (are still selectable)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I really don't know how this error occurs, because I've never been able to replicate the actual circumstances that get it to happen. But, once it DOES happen, the error itself is pretty replicable.
What happens when the bug occurs? So, visually, the Sim's portrait is greyed out, indicating that they are at work or attending school/uni. They are, however, not actually doing so and are instead still "instanced" on the lot (as in, still physically there, can direct them around, etc). Whenever you select one of the "career tones" as they are called (the options from the Sim's icon indicating what you want them to do -- work hard, easy, slack off, etc.), an a LastException (sans MCCC) or an Error Logged (with MCCC) will occur.
What do you expect to see? I expect Sims to properly be able to go to work/school.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I don't know if this has occured before, but we've seen it a LOT since the University Expansion came out.

Hey Crin, another bug report, yay. So, I am still not entirely sure the circumstances under which this arises, but I am very certain of the errors that result from it.

Attached are the MCCC Log, when MCCC is installed, which results from selecting one of the career tones, as well as the Last Exception that results when MCCC is not installed. I have also attached a Save in which the error occurs. The save did have mods in it (it is from someone who had the error -- they sent it over and I did testing), but the error occurs even without mods.

To replicate the error in the save, simply load the household. One of the Sims, Alicia Bynes, is said by the game to be "at school", but they are clearly not. Selecting any of the options, such as "Actively Listen" will make the LE/MCCC log occur.

As a note, the MCCC log happens because MCCC "looks" at the same place in code as the error occurs, and since so many people use MCCC, we rarely on the Deaderpool server see if in its LE form.

The intention of this thread is primarily as a source of documentation for this bug, so we can send people who get it here.

Attachment
Download this attachment
Attachment
Download this attachment
Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 30 of 48 (1,185 Views)