by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] [DU] Sim didn't receive presentation board/ Gone Missing

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of tthem.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? My sims (my mermaid) just started attending college and she is supposed to have a board to present on but doesn't. She has done all her homework and her term paper, just can't do this.
What happens when the bug occurs? Now
What do you expect to see? Board in the inventory.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Just like this fixed.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 43 (160,333 Views)
Highlighted

Re: No board to do presentation on.

Hero

Hi @tmcevoy1121 

Could you please enter your game version ?

Here's instructions: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-does-this-forum-work/m-p/8775353#M124496

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 43 (160,242 Views)

★ Apprentice

game version: 1.63.134.1020

Message 3 of 43 (160,224 Views)

Hero
@tmcevoy1121 That was for the first semester ? Can you play on and see if ti also doesn't work for the second ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 43 (160,216 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yea it is for the semester and probably could  but I don't want to get anything less than an A Camera.  Blame that on being stubborn as I don't accept less than A's in my paralegal classes I have now p.  

Message 5 of 43 (160,215 Views)

Hero
@tmcevoy1121 Don't think there's any solution to get a new one. There was a mod that fixed it if you lost it but since the issue is supposed to be fixed, I don't know if the mod is still compatible

The fix was for following semesters though so maybe there's still another bug.

Going to tag this as Needs input to see if others are affected

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 43 (160,205 Views)

Missing presentation board

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.70.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Sims, Get Together, City Living, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Get Famous, Discover University, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Parenthood, Laundry Day, My First Pet
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place presentation board on lot that is not home lot > complete working on presentation board > leave current lot to go to home lot without placing the presentation board back in the inventory.
What happens when the bug occurs? Notification appears that presentation board was placed in inventory, but it does not appear there, nor is it at the original spot left.
What do you expect to see? Presentation board should be in inventory or left on the lot it was placed.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I placed my presentation board in the Britechester Commons. My sim completed working on it, and I clicked to leave the lot and go back to the dorm. Once appearing in the dorms I received a notification that the presentation board had been left out and was returned to my inventory. The board was neither in my inventory, in the dorms, nor in the commons. There is also no way for me to request another one. 

Message 7 of 43 (160,245 Views)

Re: Missing presentation board

★★★★ Guide

I think you can get one from the shop that they have at university

Message 8 of 43 (160,187 Views)

Presentation Board disappears and unable to get it back!

★ Novice

How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Most up to date (cannot access the version details on origin, however most recent updates are installed, as no option to update is available)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University and Get To Work
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I place the presentation board into the world, from my inventory, and interact with it a couple of times. It then disappears and I cannot get it back.
What happens when the bug occurs? The presentation board from my sims inventory disappears every time it is placed into the world. I am unable to get it back.
What do you expect to see? I expect the presentation board not to miraculously vanish, and if this does occur, to at least have a way to get it back!
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.

The presentation board from my sims inventory disappears every time it is placed into the world. I am unable to get it back. This means that I will fail part of their course. Although this may not be integral to be able to still pass the course, that's not the point. This is becoming very frustrating, especially considering this bug has supposedly already been addressed in previous updates! Can someone please look at this for me, or suggest a solution I may have missed. If it can't be fixed I may have to contact EA for some form of financial compensation, as why would I buy a product that doesn't work properly, so long after it's release?

Message 9 of 43 (160,138 Views)

Presentation Board goes missing or unable to use

★★ Novice

How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? EP03: 1.assets.mi-ep03.238
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, stuff and game packs except Journey to Batuu, Eco Living, and Knifty Knitting
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? For me this bug has occurred when I've take the board out of my inventory and the sims worked on it and it was there for a day then disappeared. The presentation Board is unusable when I take it out and place it in the world.
What happens when the bug occurs? When disappears it's just gone and when it's unusable it acts own allow me to put it in my inventory, but it says it does belong to me sim.
What do you expect to see? It's shouldn't disappear and should remain in the place the sim left it and it should be usable because this is the board given to my sim
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

My presentation Board goes missing random or the sim that is assigned to can't use it, please help. I've restart my game it's still gone. It was placed in a home is Del Sol Valley and has simply vanished. They do have a Butler, but don't see why they was touch it.

When I have the issue were the sim assigned to the board can't use it, it simply behavior like it someone else board. don't let me put it in my inventory however it will say my Sim doesn't own it so they cannot work on the presentation and use it. Please help

Message 10 of 43 (160,050 Views)