[NEEDS SAVES] [DU] Rotational gameplay is impossible for University

by rostsit

Original Post

Re: My sim got suspended when I switched into other housheolds

★★★★★ Guide

No, this is not fixed in December patch.

I've now sent 2 of my sims to Uni again and I am going to try to avoid playing with them till the studies should be over. Maybe letting the AI to play them without any interventions will work. But I need more time to figure this out.

Message 11 of 71 (3,583 Views)

★ Apprentice

@rostsit Try resetting one of ur family sim who went to uni by moving them out and back in. My little brother did that method for 2x. He then tries to switch into different families/household for 1 sims day and return back to the normal family which has a young adult girl went to university. As a result the young adult sim didnt face anymore probation or suspension and went just fine, however she was still in her first term though.

Not sure if rotating sims during the first term would also result in suspension as suspension occurs by the time our sims has reach the 2nd term.

Message 12 of 71 (3,559 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@XiaoLiJuan888But as you said yourself, it would reset them to the beginning of the first term, so what's the point to do it?

And what do you mean by "moving them out and back in"? Moving them out from the dorms and then back to the dorms? With Family(Household) Management window?

Message 13 of 71 (3,554 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@rostsit what i mean is try to move ur sims into a new lot and then back again. Do it before ur sims gets started to go to uni 

Message 14 of 71 (3,549 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@XiaoLiJuan888 

So, do I understand this well:

1. Choose a sim and get a letter from the Uni.

2. Accept admission and move to a university - any dorms.

3. BEFORE the semester actually starts - move to any other lot with this sim.

4. Move the sim back to a dorm.

And after doing all this, I can safely play with other sims, while the one mentioned before will study normally, finishing one term after another?

Message 15 of 71 (3,540 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [DU] Rotational gameplay is impossible for University

Champion

I play rotational gameplay, and just started playing Discover University recently. I was worried about how it would fit into my playstyle when I read this thread before I bought the pack, but my method for rotations at uni seems to be working.

I started playing with my sims living at a dorm in Britechester. They went through their week-long term and on the last day, they attended their final classes. The term officially ends at 6pm when the popup appears showing your final grades for the term, and then the prompt to re-enroll for another term.

But I didn't want that, so at 5pm I saved the game and then exited out to play my other sims who live on Sulani for a week. When I loaded the dorm back up again, the message to re-enroll for the second term popped up and my sims have started the term OK.

So that's how I'm able to play rotationally at Uni. On the final day, when you finish your last class, your grades are locked in, so you don't have to worry about those if you've done enough studying to get good grades. Just save and get out of there before 6pm and your sims educations will be on pause until you come back and sign them up for their next term.

Message 16 of 71 (3,469 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

^While this maybe a solution (though I am not sure it would work if your second family were at Uni, too), this doesn't solve the issue of getting back to Uni AFTER the sim was kicked out. Even the lates patch did nothing about it. The game is essentially broken, I don't play it after I checked the latest patch and saw that this is not fixed.

Message 17 of 71 (3,450 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Can anyone experiencing this issue possibly share a save where they've encountered it? You can DM me the link to your save. Thanks for the help!

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 18 of 71 (3,407 Views)

★★★ Guide

You can still rotational play, just wait till the weekends, and play your sim out at University during weekdays, it's better if you only have one played University household though. 

Message 19 of 71 (3,373 Views)

Sims in inactive lots go through enrollment and get suspended

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? v1.23
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City Living, Discover University, Get Famous, Get to Work, Realm of Magic, Vampires, Backyard stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Tiny Living, Vintage Glamour Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play multiple sims in the same dorm for one semester, then, when the grades and reenrollment screen pops up for one of them, move that one to another lot. When you return to the original dorm with the remaining sims at the end of their semester, you don't get to see what grades they got and extra bugs start popping up. I have aging turned off for both active and inactive sims.
What happens when the bug occurs? First of all, you don't get to see what grades they got. If they get put on probation and you re-enroll and move them to another lot, then play another household for a while, the sim who was on probation is suspended with "this sim can re-enroll in 0 days" status forever, preventing them from ever re-enrolling in uni again. Another thing that happened, was that the last sim in the original dorm went through the whole re-enrollment and move to a new dorm screen, but then was not placed in the new dorm's household. Instead he just had to hang out outside the old dorm, with no ability to move anywhere without using the "Teleport" cheat.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to consistently see the grades my sims get at the end of their semesters. I also expect to return to a sim in the same place in their semester where I've left them if I go play another household for a while. This way I get to control whether a sim does well in the next semester and does or doesn't get suspended.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I don't just play a single household continuously, so I don't appreciate my inactive sims getting in trouble in their already extremely difficult university load when I switch between households, even if I'm trying to move all students from one dorm to another.

Message 20 of 71 (3,386 Views)