Original Post

Re: Roommates change in Uni after CAS edit

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict  *deleted my original comment, I figured it out*

Message 11 of 18 (706 Views)

Hero
@Plau87 Either oneDrive or google drive is fine. I'm not sure if you need an account for either but if you have a windows computer or a gmail account, that should give you access to those.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 18 (692 Views)

Re: Roommates glitch

★★★ Apprentice

@conquerthecity wrote:

I am also having this issue. Every time I reopen the game, it respawns an entirely new cast of roommates for my sim. This happens regardless of what day of term it is and it's really annoying. I want my original roommates, thanks. 

I am having this exact issue as well as the roommates disappearing and being swapped out after CAS edits. Every time I restart my game (after saving and closing) there are new roommates in the dorms.. 

Message 13 of 18 (667 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict wrote:
@Plau87i merged your post with existing report.

Could you send your save to Nick as asked here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-DU-Roommates-get-replaced-in-dorm-often/m-p/881238...

I sent him my save file now. Standard smile

Message 14 of 18 (667 Views)

Roommates keep getting replaced in university housing

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.73.57.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them except Batuu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play as a sim in university housing
What happens when the bug occurs? Whenever I sign up for another term, all of my roommates get replaced.
What do you expect to see? Them not being replaced and staying for all of the terms.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I moved a sim in university housing. She got roommates and I edited them in CAS. They all became pretty good friends and she was even dating one of them. As soon as I signed up for the second term, I got a bunch of new townies. It was pretty frustrating and made me delete that save. Maybe there would be a system in place to make sure that your roommates stay the same and don't flunk out? 

Message 15 of 18 (620 Views)

Re: Roommates keep getting replaced in university housing

Hero
@malaikaag I merged this with the thread on room mates being replaced.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 18 (608 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@crinrictI noticed this happens when you go to edit something in CAS or Build Mode. E.g. while I had two characters in a dormitory, I went to edit in Build Mode the other two, one I made it only for males, the other only for members of the art association. Doing so obviously meant the game had to reassign the NPCs.

EDIT: ok, the problem has started to get more serious when I change dormitory, I put my sims in Darkwing House, where every time I open the save there's new roommates.

Message 17 of 18 (403 Views)

★★★ Novice

After the latest patch (March 2024) I'm experiencing this bug again. Everytime I load the game or my sim leaves his dorm and comes back, his roommates are replaced.

Message 18 of 18 (40 Views)