[OPEN] [DU] Multiple Identical School Spirit Day Notifications (1.68)

by Nalthari

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Multiple Identical School Spirit Day Notifications (1.68)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Pro

Just got this. Six identical notices for the Foxbury Spirit Day instead of one. Only one Sim in the household and she was at home. No mods or CC.

Message 11 of 55 (1,111 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Multiple Identical School Spirit Day Notifications (1.68)

★ Apprentice

I get this, too. It is so annoying. I get about 20 of these notifications at once. 

Message 12 of 55 (1,086 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [DU] Multiple Identical School Spirit Day Notifications (1.68)

★★ Apprentice

me too.  all the time but they sit on top of each other so I close it and there is still on there. I have to click the x a lot of times to make them all go away.

Message 13 of 55 (1,080 Views)

★★★ Guide

This happened to me for the first time today. 18 identical foxbury spirit day notifications. I'm on pc, with all packs before paranormal.

Message 14 of 55 (1,069 Views)

Multiple School Spirit Day Notifications

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.71.86.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play a household with a Sim that is either currently attending Foxbury Institute or has graduated from Foxbury Institute. Then wait for Saturday in the game. The notifications should show up in the morning (I think around 10 am in the game). It may help to: Soccer ball have multiple households with Sims that are either currently attending or have graduated from Foxbury Institute (the number of notifications seems to increase with each Sim that attends/graduates), Football have the Sims live at home while attending (rather than staying in the dorms), and Basketball be on their home lot on Saturday morning.
What happens when the bug occurs? An obscene amount of School Spirit Day notifications with the Foxbury Institute Mascot/Logo. When I had the issue today (03/16/2021), there were 90 (yes, ninety) notifications for School Spirit Day.
What do you expect to see? Only 1 notification per Sim currently attending Foxbury Institute in the household being played.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I can't recall if this issue showed up in households where Sims attended Britechester University instead of Foxbury Institute.  It does not show up in households with Sims that are not currently attending and have never attended neither Foxbury Institute nor Britechester University.

Message 15 of 55 (1,080 Views)

Re: Multiple School Spirit Day Notifications

★★★★★ Pro

Sounds like this one: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-DU-Multiple-Identical-School-Spirit-Day/td-p/97545...

Unfortunately, I don't think anyone has a fix for it yet.

Message 16 of 55 (1,064 Views)

★★★ Guide
@Sketch793 I can't open the link you posted?
Message 17 of 55 (1,053 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

@adduapina Sorry, just saw your reply. I don't know why my link didn't work but it's no longer needed. The post I was replying to got moved to the same thread I linked to so you can just go to the first page. 

Message 18 of 55 (958 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Happens to me too. I get dozens of notifications whenever there's the School Spirit Day for Foxbury. 

It's very annoying and it takes over all my notifications panel, deleting all the ones I had before.

Message 19 of 55 (924 Views)

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.72.28.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I do not have the following stuff packs (My First Pets, Bowling Night, Spookie Stuff, Movie Hangout or Luxury Party)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play a household with a Sim that is either currently attending Foxbury Institute.
What happens when the bug occurs? Multiple (what's the 'a couple/few' word for more than 10? - I stopped counting) School Spirit Day notifications.
What do you expect to see? Only 1 notification per household.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Plenty - want a list? Better Exceptions and MCCC do not flag an issue anywhere near this error occurring.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Nope, unless you count installing Uni? I seem to have had it since the day I installed Uni - over multiple worlds and families within those worlds. It's just really beginning to * me off. I believe I've had it with Britchester - but I have no proof.

Message 20 of 55 (879 Views)